Quick OME susp question

barlowrs

Explorer
Hey Guys/Gals, I need some quick advice. I think I found a good deal on an OME front lift (886 coils and shocks) for my taco. The shocks are new and the coils have 10K on them...my question:

After 10K are the coils still good or should I just hold out and buy new ones?

Thanks,
Robert

Applejack

Explorer
I have no doubt the coils are still good after 10k miles. But how great is the deal? You can get new OME 886's for $66ea.

barlowrs

Explorer
Well it was 275 for the coils and brand new shocks. But I think I will just hold out and get a brand new kit. I know I can get a full OME kit for under 1K and that is for everything.

Thanks for the responses though.

robert

Expedition Leader
At 10k miles they should be fine and they'll be pre-sagged for you. I'm guessing you know that OME springs always sag a bit after they've been on for a while. Not a big deal, but freaks some people out.

Whatever you do, make sure you get the coils you need for your application. If The 886s are the heavier coil recommended for the double cabs with a winch bumper. I'm running them on my accesscab and I like them so far; a bit stiff, but no sagging yet.

barlowrs

Explorer
Yeah, I am going to be running an allpro with a winch on my access cab so I think the 886 is the right choice for me. I am also thinking about the full Dakar with the added leave beause I haul my motorcycle around on a regular basis and all my camping, climbing, excursions usually have a full bed of gear.

DesertBoater

Adventurer
I was able to replace my entire suspension except leaf springs this fall with all OME parts for just over $500...all brand new. 886's up front with nitrochargers all around. Definitely need to do the leaf springs next, my back end is sagging a little...

Cheers,
West

Overland Hadley

on a journey
At 10k miles they should be fine and they'll be pre-sagged for you. I'm guessing you know that OME springs always sag a bit after they've been on for a while. Not a big deal, but freaks some people out.

I bought a pair of springs that had a couple thousand miles on them for that reason, plus they were available and cheaper than new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94