expedition film trucks

Filmpros

No, not at all. It runs smooth as glass ... you are way, way wrong about the Supercharger. They run perfectly fine on the 95 to 97 trucks. You have a 93...therefore, you are having a problem. You can get them to work on a 93, but you have to know what you are doing. I believe Dan from American Toyota has one on his 93...and he has no issues with his. However, he does have a lot of otehr engine mods on his truck. That may have helped. The Supercharger is not recommended for 93/94 models.

I would bet you money if you were in my truck you could not detect anything at idle or anything at speed. The idle issue seemed to have gone away when I pulled the Landtank MAF Sensor Mod out of my truck. It runs smooth as glass ... not a single hiccup.

I have no idea who Beowulf is...he has done no work on any of my trucks.

So it does "Act Up"?

I think you had Beowulf (SP) on 'Mud doing the majority of work on your other 80. He called it from the beginning of my build. I posted my build on 'Mud as well and there was a lot of technical advice offered.

Filmpros

We have been running it on my other truck for 3 years now...without an issue. No need to reserve comment...these SUperchargers work great on 95 to 07 Cruisers.

Sorry yours did not...however, Nat explained why ... 93/94 is part of the issue. Your install and engine rebuild may have played a role as well.

expo80

Adventurer
late last week with some help from friends got the engine into place. I had to place the engine in the truck out side since the engine hoist I have is massive and does not fit into the garage.

Once the engine was bolted to the bell housing and the frame we pushed it into the garage for the remaining connections and fluids.

By the next day every thing was connected back up and we started her up, all i can say is this is one of the smoothest running 1fz-fe i have seen.

I will try and post up some pictures and video next week, the computer at work decided to just take all my files and vanish them to lord no where so I wasn't in an uploading kinda mood:ylsmoke:

hope you all have a good weekend

Danimal

Adventurer
Zombie thread! Time for an update on this rig, and a report on how the engine has been dealing with the supercharger. Any detonation issues? Any pictures of the truck out in the field?

Dan

concretejungle

Adventurer
Nat, great work as usual! I guess you are tackling this one without the tank??

Rich, as always, your build is one to aspire to. I hate that i couldn't get your link to work above?! I would like to see what it is you do. I've talked to Rick and he said that you do things right when it comes to building your rigs.

As for the pre-detonation, that is why the supercharger requires premium fuel to address that. You can also fool with the timing just a hair, but mainly you need a clean fuel system and a cooling system that is top notch, run premium and you should be fine.

I was also about to ask how did you get your hands on a supercharger since i called Dan wanting one and he said they are not available yet... then i looked at the date on the post :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles