New Fogs

daverami

Explorer
Thanks to Kurt at Cruiseroutfitters for the parts. Finally got the fog light kit installed in my ARB bumper. A little plasma cutting and angle grinding and it came out great. Will be installing the wiring to an OEM switch. Sorry for the bad pic. I think the parts were like 80 bucks.

Also, thanks to Marc Bowers from ARB USA who sent me a template for the cutout which is used for the new bumpers.

fog-light.jpg

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
ARB should have made the taco bumper like that from the start. :sombrero:

:sombrero: They do now.

The offer the 2nd gen Tacoma in two versions, one with the fog insert and one with the standard stand alone amber lens. The original bumper (part#3423030) came out before the 6821201 Light Kit was on the market), however the newly released part# 3423130 has the cut-outs from the factory and includes the inserts, the lights (6821201) are ordered separately and install in just a few minutes. When the new bumper came out I asked if they would be phasing out the older version, supposedly not as the non-fog is still a really popular seller both here and overseas. That may change down the road.

soonenough

Explorer
....Will be installing the wiring to an OEM switch....
Please keep us up to date as to how well the lights perform once you get them working. I figured their fog lights would be IPFs, but I read somewhere that they're actually branded as ARBs; I'm guessing someone else makes them (IPF?) and labels them as ARBs.

daverami

Explorer
Please keep us up to date as to how well the lights perform once you get them working. I figured their fog lights would be IPFs, but I read somewhere that they're actually branded as ARBs; I'm guessing someone else makes them (IPF?) and labels them as ARBs.

Will do more research on the lights and will keep you posted.

amocaT

Adventurer
Sorry...not to hijack. Does anybody know if this mod will work with the first gen. tacoma arb?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters

I'm not 100% sure how the heirachy goes but its my understanding ARB solely owns IPF. They are in deed branded "ARB".

Sorry...not to hijack. Does anybody know if this mod will work with the first gen. tacoma arb?

Yes

AlexJet

Explorer

I'm running ARB Fog kit on my Sahara for a few years. As fog lights they are not bad on light output point. But as of light pattern they are as all fog lights - too close which is fine for regular slow driving in foggy condition; if you like fast runs, they will not give you much benefit, you need a driving kit which is not available as in Australia there is a law for fog lights (as I was told by ARB headquarters in Australia).
Long story - short: Fog lights are good light out put, but close in range; fine for fog; too close for regular highway driving (as all fogs are). I'd give them 7.5 in 10-point scale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles