Disabled Explorers to Traverse Great Deserts of the Southwest in 2010

Trail Monkey

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0014
I think id be interested in being a support vehicle for this trip. Is that open?:smiley_drive:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey James..
I will shoot you a pm with some info, dates and trail info...
We are interested in having non-disabled folks on the outings so our participant can feel like "just one of the guys/gals" and less like a "special case" :)
However that said I am trying to avoid big group runs since we will have specific reasons for where we stop/camp and the overall travel pace.
The Devils Highway (El Camino del Diablo) has some very set limitations on number of rigs and such. Four rigs is the usual limit but that doesn't mean another group couldn't be running right behind us :)

Here is an example of our "normal" plan....
The WAVE with our guest and maybe their friend/family...
A media rig...either our person or a guest magazine/tv person...this would either be their rig or someone we know with a passenger seat.
A support rig..this one brings some extra gear, food, or whatever..
A donor/sponsor rig...this would either be their rig or someone we know with a passenger seat.

4 rigs makes for a small enough group to camp almost anywhere, fuel up easily, eat as a group and all that...
Beyond 4 rigs and things get tough.

I hope all that makes sense :)

jcbrandon

Explorer
The media coverage on the Dessert Solitude Adventure Series has been great and there is more in the pipeline. It has led to even more opportunities to show the WAVE to folks who hadn't heard about it yet. Which leads to more opportunities.

But there are only so many hours in the day. And only so many gallons in the tank.

If you would like to help Disabled Explorers, there are a couple of easy ways to get started:

If you would like to volunteer some time, send a message to: volunteer (at) disabledexplorers (dot) org.

If you would rather donate cash, use PayPal to send a tax-deductible contribution to: donate (at) disabledexplorers (dot) com.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles