Been doing some work to the ride.
By far the biggest problem were the shocks. All four were gone, gone, gone. Bouncy, rattles like crazy, it was awful. So, up on the jackstands.
The nuts on top were freaking stuck, I had to tear apart the dust cover and put vice grips on the shaft itself.
I replaced all four with some mid level OE replacement Monroes from O'Reilly Auto. I know, they're not expensive or OME brand, but holy cow, what a difference. Rides GREAT, not like a Caddy, but very very good for a 15 year old truck.
I should have done it the, but at a later date, I finally fixed the rear coil spring sag. I was torn up about whether or not to get lift springs, OE replacements, or what. I decided that I really don't want, or think I need a lift at this point. I went with coil springs from O'Reillys, $79 for the pair.
CHECK OUT MY DROP SPRINGS!
They're shorter, but stiffer. I installed them, and it took pretty much all the arse sag out. Here's a pic, which is very misleading because I have odd ruts in the driveway. But anyway, it sits level now.
Hey, check out that antenna. And them not-bald tires.
Did a CB install. My dad used to drive trucks for a living, and has tons of old CBs laying around. He gave me one, I did your typical ashtray install. Came out good.
At first, I said, 'No way am I taking out the whole lower dash just to put in this stupid CB.' But, I did it. Wasn't that bad.
Came out nicely.
And I was really wanting some Nexen MT's, but they're still waiting on some from China. So I picked up some 31x10.50 KL78 AT's for pretty cheap.
1992 Toyota 4Runner, V6 4WD
2002 Suzuki DRZ-S w/ E Transplant
2004 Kawasaki KDX 200