Cleaning a camping stove

preacherman

Explorer
I have not cleaned it yet, its been cold here and I didn't want to clean it inside... I will post a before and after when I clean it,

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I using scrubbing bubbles bathroom cleaner. Spray it and let it sit for 5 mins or so. Usually takes off all the baked on food stuff.

preacherman

Explorer
OK You asked for it....

And here are the before and after pics....

Before....
photo-5.jpg

After...
photo2-1.jpg

I ended up using some grill cleaner I had laying around and lot's of simple green, elbow grease, and some stiff bristle brushes (and one wire welding brush):chef:

DontPanic42

Adventurer
Now that you have it clean I have a suggestion that has been handy for me. I carry a small gun cleaning kit with an assortment of brushes and some stiff wires of different diameters just for the stove. Never know when a spider or some other critter will crawl in and plug something up.

mudbutt

Explorer
Looks like I'm late to the party......

Put parts into a black/dark green, heavy-duty garbage bag with a cup or 2 of amonia. Let it sit outside on a sunny day for a few hours.

Rinse/repeat as neccesary. Hardly any scrubbing involved.

gasman

Adventurer
man you wernt kiddin when you said it was dirty.. i thought mine was bad.. you are the winner for sure .. good job on the clean up .

preacherman

Explorer
I didn't think it was that bad until I cleaned it and saw just how bad it was. I am actually kind of embarrassed. I usually keep my stuff in better shape than that.

Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Good job!

How about laying a sheet of aluminum foil, along the bottom to help make future clean ups a breeze!

....:chef:

CJCA

Adventurer

Looking good! Feels like resurecting an old friend, doesn't it.

Good job!

How about laying a sheet of aluminum foil, along the bottom to help make future clean ups a breeze!

Great idea! I use foil in the bottoms of propane BBQ grills. Makes clean up easy.

When frying messy things like bacon that splatter all over the camp stove, I'll drape foil over the flipped up top and side wind screens. That's where most of the mess ends up. Foil in the bottom wouldn't hurt if you have a lot of boilovers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94