Interior ceiling net storage

kai38

Explorer
RIXN.jpg

This is made by Raingler for the Xterra® interior ceiling net
Has anyone used it, does it block the view out the back window?
I was thinking of getting one for the FJ Cruiser. With the 12 inches of adjustment at each point I think it would fit.
I was thinking of placing jackets, sleeping bags light weight items in it.

Saline

Adventurer
I have had one in my Xterra for a few years now. It is very well made and works great to store soft bulky stuff and does not hamper rear view. On the rare occasions when I had rear seat passengers I took it down because it would touch the top of their head though.
The net can also double as a cargo net if dropped down to the floor like a pet barrier.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I use a Raingler net for blankets/coats/raining gear--a lotta light stuff-

PICT0183.jpg

Since it's attached to the roll cage, it'll hold just about anything that'll fit up there, but for safety---just light stuff-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Richietherocket

Adventurer
So I ended up purchasing one of these off of ebay. The dimensions that I want to use from my 07 FJC are 52" (132cm) across and 41" 104cm) front to back. I should be able to modfy it with little issue. I cant see spending well over $150 for a bit of extra storage of softgoods. The guys in the blue room didn't really like the Raingler since it attaches to far forward and hits the passenger/drivers head. You also cant use the side sun visors which was a non starter for me.

Once I get mine, it will need a different attachment for where I want to use it. I will try to take some pics when installing. Should be around the 2nd week of Dec though.

papaduc

If your ok doing some fab work...
I purchased a volleyball net from one of those on line sporting goods places for $17.00 and had more than enough heavy duty netting to make a couple of storage solutions.
It was last year and I don't have a link but all of those places have sales around this time of year.

grimbo

Explorer
Would love to find a more moderately priced option.

I made my own out of two helmet nets and a strap. Just ran the strap from the two grab handles above the rear doors then attached the the two nets via their hooks to the strap, each other and on to the cargo barrier. Cost about $10 from memory and easily holds 4 pillows and jackets above the boys heads

Dennx

Adventurer
So I ended up purchasing one of these off of ebay. The dimensions that I want to use from my 07 FJC are 52" (132cm) across and 41" 104cm) front to back. I should be able to modfy it with little issue. I cant see spending well over $150 for a bit of extra storage of softgoods. The guys in the blue room didn't really like the Raingler since it attaches to far forward and hits the passenger/drivers head. You also cant use the side sun visors which was a non starter for me.

Once I get mine, it will need a different attachment for where I want to use it. I will try to take some pics when installing. Should be around the 2nd week of Dec though.

How did it turn out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz