Outback TX-1 Wheels No longer..

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I noticed that the Outback TX-1 wheels were getting insanely cheap (price) lately and i wanted to pick up some for our rig. Well, i got this email response from the US distributor in Prescott VTO performance.

Morning,
Thanks for contacting us.
I'm afraid that all the TX-1's have been bought by a company in France. The wheels shipped earlier this week.
The price was reduced because we are in the process of designing a replacement wheel.

Thanks

Terry

Hopefully the replacement wheel will be as cool as the original.

For those that are unaware of what the TX-1 looked like they were mounted on Scott Brady's EW Tacoma. Here's some pics.. http://www.outbacktx1.com/gallery/gallery.html

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Bummer

That's a real bummer.

I wonder if this has anything to do with it...

"NEW STAUN WHEELS COMING SOON

Staun and Performance Wheels a great Australian manufacturer of heavy duty Alloy wheels have come toghether to create the first wheel designed for the perfect beadlock fit.
Based on the very successfull TX series of rims with race proven quality in such events as Paris Dakar and the Outback Challenge Morocco, where the rims are teamed up with the Staun Internal Beadlocks with undisputed success.
The rims will come already pre drilled to recieve the tube valve stem in the perfect location.
Still with 1400kgs break limit and full manufactures warranty, there is no need to worry about whether your rims are suitable.
The rim and beadlock combination will be available from October 08 though leading Staun Product stockist in sizes from 12in Dia for the UTV SXS market up to 17in Dia.
The rims will be available in three colours; white,Gun metal Grey and Black with a machined metal finish.

For more info please contact us here at Staun.

This press release was published on 04 Sep 2008. For more information, please contact sales@staunproducts.com
"

Staun Beadlock TX-1 Racing Wheels

I've noticed that they started advertising the Staun wheels quite heavily of late here in Australia. I've also noticed them arround.

Cheers,
P

Willman

Funny this thread popped up.....I too was wondering about these rims....

Hopefully they will come up with something similar..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94