Suger Cookie Stuffed Pears

M

modelbuilder

I was originally going to make Apples stuffed with cinnamon sugar in some hot coals for my camping Trip a few days ago.

We forgot the cinnamon and the apples and all we had for "desert" was two left over pears and sugar cookies.

Core out the Pear from the top. Be sure to not core it out all the way. Leave some skin and meat at the bottom. Crush the sugar cookies so you get a fine dust and pack it down as much as you can.

Double wrap the pears in the foil and cover in hot coals about 15 to 20 minutes. Make one extra for a tester.

Wow...it came out great. Tasted like pie and the sugar in the cookies caramelized so you had this nice crunch at the top of the pear. Yummy!

spressomon

Expedition Leader
I'm going to try that on our next hunting outing! Its nice to, after traipsing around the mountains all day in the cold to come back to the rig, build a fire and have a nice hot treat at the end of the day!

Thanks!

We slice and roast pears with a mixture of half maple syrup, half honey. Cut your slices about 3/8ths inch and brush liberally with maple syrup/honey mixture. Very tasty. Try with crumbles of feta cheese.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
I was originally going to make Apples stuffed with cinnamon sugar in some hot coals for my camping Trip a few days ago.

We forgot the cinnamon and the apples and all we had for "desert" was two left over pears and sugar cookies.

Core out the Pear from the top. Be sure to not core it out all the way. Leave some skin and meat at the bottom. Crush the sugar cookies so you get a fine dust and pack it down as much as you can.

Double wrap the pears in the foil and cover in hot coals about 15 to 20 minutes. Make one extra for a tester.

Wow...it came out great. Tasted like pie and the sugar in the cookies caramelized so you had this nice crunch at the top of the pear. Yummy!

what is it with you and your political threads.

hehe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior