Ideas for my jk

notarubicon

guys/gals i need help with some ideas on what to do with my jk. I know i want to do a 3.5" lift and 35" tires. need ideas to what i need and should get

gpwpat

Adventurer
well my wishlist is 35" KM2 BFgoodrich and a 3.5" lift by Nth degree (AEV). I have read nothing but good handling manners on this suspension. and as for the tires. I have alway had BFG and always had nothing but good out of them. But that is my wishlist for my JK.

Bennyhana

Adventurer
Mine is the silver one...stock rubicon on 32's. The blue on is my friend Russ' 09 with the AEV kit and 35's.
IMG_0598.jpg

TahuyaNov09018.jpg

TahuyaNov09049.jpg

Last edited:

gpwpat

Adventurer
DSC000901.JPG

here is mine still stock in the running gear. I have been collecting pieces off craigslist. I just found a winch and tires, but saddly I am out of money. I need to stop looking for parts until I have the next batch of cash in hand. weard I found the cosmetic stuff first. But the deals were to good to pass.

jkrat

I would go for the Rock crawler ,they have a entry level kit and one with arms,for tires i would go the good year kevlars,thats what i am going to upgrade my Rough country BB to in the spring.Good luck with your build.If your not looking to break the bank Rk is the way to go and I beleive alll there parts have a lifetime warranty.The AEV is a great kit but can get pricy.If money is not a problem go with the AEV.

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I've swapped my stock springs for a set taken from an Unlimited tow package, Rugged Ridge bumpers at both ends, Rugged Ridge receiver hitch, Smittybilt XRC8 Comp winch, HIDx 4" lights tinted selective yellow, 4.56 Yukon gears, 285/75-16 Goodyear MTR/kevlar tires, custom dog perch in back where the seat used to be, & lots of smaller interior mods.
The trailer is a Conqueror Compact.

100_3754.jpg

100_4106.jpg

100_4741.jpg

I'm considering a BDS 3" lift right now and 255/85-16 KM2 tires.

oz97tj

Observer
My 09 JK. About 3.5 inches of lift. 35 inch MT/Rs. I built a rack to add to my bumper to hold my cooler and some other misc. stuff on long trips.

To give you an idea, my current lift is a bunch of stuff I have thrown together. I am slowly putting all Rock Krawler stuff under mine with some Poly Performance parts as well. I am doing all RK arms, and using Polys raised and stronger track bar mounts. Both companies have great products. AEVs suspension is pretty good from what I've heard. I have never heard anything bad about it from anyone running it.
CIMG1889.jpg

CIMG1900.jpg

You can see the rack on the back here.
CIMG1914.jpg

Last edited:

atmooney

This is exciting! I'm picking up my 4dr Rubi tomorrow! WOOHOO!! Love the stuff you guys have done! I want it to be an expo rig, but I'll be strapped for extra $ for awhile, so I'll do the minimum I can get away with. I'll be lurking, and stealing your ideas, slowly but surely! ;)
--Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne