US/Mexico Propane Fittings

bajajoaquin

Adventurer
During a 2-week trip to Baja, I had a little issue with propane, and found the need to refill one of my bottles. Unfortunately, I was unable to get them filled in Guerrero Negro, as nobody had a fitting that would work.

The issue seemed to be that the Acme fitting on my tanks had a rubber/plastic ball valve that needed to be pressed in (like the Schroeder valve on a tire stem) before filling. So, while the POL thread on the inside of the valve would fit, there was nothing corresponding to press in the ball valve.

After reading dhackney's comprehensive discussion of bottle types in Chile and Latin America, I still don't know how to get this to work.

Does someone make a fitting specifically for this application? Or, what fittings would I need to make my own adapter or jumper?

Gone2Baja

Adventurer
I was just talking to a friend who was getting ready for a 2 week trip down to Mulege I noticed he had replaced his LP tanks on his trailer. He bought an adapter so he could still use his old stove,lantern e.t.c. as well refilling the tanks in Mexico. He bought the adapter at a place called 'Travel land' in southern CA.

Hope it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior