FAlken tires...opinions pls.

Steakman

Hi guys: First post here - long time member of DieselPlace.

I recently bought a set of 17" rims and l am trying to determine what I want and what will work for my application...which is mostly highway with some towing and a small bit of back country/trails etc. Truck is leveled, all the Cognito steering upgrades: UCA's - New Pitman/Idler Arms with braces, PPE tie rod sleeves etc & longer Bilstein 5125's. Annual mileage 50,000miles

I'm looking at the Falken High Country AT's as one of your members posted a pretty good review..so I came here to see if he will see this post and give me some feedback as well as anyone else here that has these tires.

Treadwear is likely the most important part for me as I run a set of steel rims with snows in the winter...these would be mostly spring/summer and fall use.

Thanx folks and look forward to your comments,
cheers
stk

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
Disclaimer: I do not work for Falken.

I have them on both my 4Runner and pickup and really like them. They are smooth and quiet. They have good traction off-road and in the snow. I drive 90 miles a day for work and they are are so far not showing any wear. Most of my off-roading is in the desert so I can't comment on mud traction. I have about 5,000 miles on the ones on my pickup and about 1,000 on my 4Runner. So far, so good!

A lot of people will turn their noses up at Falken because they are not well known but these tires are a great value.

Silverado

Adventurer
i've has my set of falken STZ04s for 3 years and 32k miles, so far I have replaced one due to a failed belt and the remaining tires are fairly dryrotted and cracked (in between tread lugs and sidewalls). Balancing is hell

Jakes01234

Explorer
i used falkens once on a sedan and thought they were a good value.. the tires were not loud by any means and balanced well... im sure falken is like any other tire manufacturer, some tires great some possibly not so great..
I was over on dieselplace aswell.. :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz