Alcohol stoves

762X39

Explorer
I don't have any experience with this particular alcohol stove but have used my Trangia single burner hikers stove for about 10 years and the swedish military used it for 30 years before I got it.I am a fan of alcohol stoves and did a lot of testing one winter with a friend of mine.We tried different fuels for them (denatured alcohol and methyl hydrate come to mind). I found that methyl hydrate was the cleanest burn (least amount of soot on the pots).Let us know how it works out.:coffee:

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
I had an alcohol stove on a sailboat - a very common application. They're clean and quiet, but slow. As long as you're willing to make that trade-off, you'll probably be happy with it.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Thanks guys!

I'm familiar with the Trangia system (I have 5 of them:coffeedrink: ) Slow cooking time is not the issue, I'm traveling not racing !

Anyhow, I should have mentioned that in my original post, sorry!

I was more interested in finding someone who uses this specific stove... Goes for $400 here in Canada, not just peanuts... if on the other hand I could also set up two trangias side by side for way less cash...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94