40 109 LRs to be imported?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Looks too good to be true:

Land Rover 109 on eBay, starting bid $7k, in Florida

THIS IS A 1980 LWB LAND ROVER 109. IT IS EX ARMY UK AND IS LEFT HAND DRIVE WITH CAMOUFLAGE PAINT. WELL LOOKED AFTER AND DRIVES AWESOME. THIS THING WILL TAKE YOU ANYWHERE! HAS FLORIDA TITLE. WE HAVE 40 OF THESE VEHICLES IN BOTH HARD AND SOFT TOPS COMING TO THE US.PLEASE KEEP CHECKING EBAY FOR AVAILABILITY. DELIVERY IS AVAILABLE, PLEASE ASK FOR QUOTE BEFORE BIDDING. CASH ON COLLECTION IS FINE.

Seller has 0 feedback, but 'cash on collection is fine.'

!BjO!5ew!2k~$(KGrHqUH-DMEsb)dFDCSBLSnpLLUE!~~_12.JPG

!BjO!69!!mk~$(KGrHqUH-C8Es+P-Z9WDBLSnpQjnu!~~_12.JPG

!BjO!7-g!2k~$(KGrHqMH-DMEs71t!jDkBLSnpUb0bg~~_12.JPG

!BjO!9G!BGk~$(KGrHqYH-D!EtFg13Q-GBLSnp(6Epg~~_12.JPG

!Bk!1jp!BWk~$(KGrHqMH-DkEs95znKcIBLV0sK7yrg~~_12.JPG

!Bk!1pzQBmk~$(KGrHqIH-D4Es9Fzc5yCBLV0sd))O!~~_12.JPG

!Bk!1v8w!Wk~$(KGrHqIH-CwEs8rsvol9BLV0svcM0g~~_12.JPG

!Bk!13Pw!Wk~$(KGrHqUH-CcEs+lVeIWSBLV0tFR5n!~~_12.JPG

No connection, yadda yadda.

"Ex army UK," and LEFT HAND DRIVE? What's the story there?

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
The MOD used LHD in addition to RHD, depending on deployment location.
Not so amazing they are importing 40. DAP brought in around 200 ex MOD Land Rovers in the mid 80's. 109's, 88's and Lighweights.
If they are bringing in 40 I'd expect you could get one for little over the $7k starting bid, which isn't a bad price at all if they are as nice as the one in the photo.
Although I'd take in to account the seller has 0 feedback, which for me would be a bit worrisome for that much money, but they say payment on pickup, so that should be ok.

JayGannon

Adventurer
Only ting I can add is those pics were taken in the UK, surely if they were in florida they would have taken pics there after shipping because of possible shipping damage etc.

MrLeadfoot

They are just down the road from me (25) mls, if any one was interested I could have a look, they have been in buisness for 15 yrs or more.

JeffRRC

Adventurer
It may be a scam, but not all of the pictures are the same. The one from Florida has an interior shot that is different. I realize this doesn't mean anything but someone in the US may be purchasing a bunch with the intent of reselling here for a profit.

A gentleman here in VA bought a bunch of ex military LR a few years ago, imported and resold. He had ambulances, pickups, hard tops and soft tops when I went to see them.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I posted a question on the eBay ad, and invited the seller to explain the discrepancies.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Here's the response I got to my inquiry:

Hi
we actually sell in the UK and we are bringing some to the US. I am actually in the UK now sorting shipping for some more jeeps. If you want to send me your email address I will let you know when the others arrive and you are more than welcome to come and view. This isn't a copy paste ad neither, some of the pics might be on the other site but the interior ones etc I only took a few days ago. Thanks for your interest and if I can be of any further help just let me know.
Thanks

- deftech2009

Rockrunner

Observer
Could easily be legit, just remember when we started on eBay...............did we have 40 feed backs? Got to start somewhere and if he is local to the US somebody can check out the rigs ahead of time or before heading down with cash.

Riptide

Explorer
I wonder if the operation was one I conversed with many years ago...

A woman named Lynn, in Florida (Tampa, I think), had a nice business of importing LR's. I think her dad still resided in the UK, and was able to locate pretty much whatever you were looking for. She used to bring over quite a few on spec...

Although I never closed the deal on that nice Series III with Defender upgrades, I sure have thought of that vehicle often. As I recall, she was very pleasant to deal with...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier