Iron Man Suspension

logo.png

So, these Aussie guys now have a North American distributor, and honestly look like they're a good product... Camel4x4.com

Can anyone chime in on their products?

They seem to be a good competitor to Old Man Emu, and I always like to give "the new guys" a try. How do they compare to Old Man Emu with their products?

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I saw quite a bit of their product in Aussie this summer but not much firsthand driving. This is not the first of their product in the US as there were quite a few guys running them on Land Cruisers 5+ years ago, reviews were not all that rave on their as I recall and the name sorta died down. They do have a pretty broad product line, a big name in the Aussie mags, I've seen some products I would be interested in checking out for sure. We'll see how it goes this time around. Another that is rumored to be making another big US appearance is the TJM line of products including their suspensions.

EDIT: Other parts of their product line are obvious re-badges, winches, RTT, etc

Last edited:

alan

Explorer
Ironman suspension is very cheap in Australia and the saying goes, you get what you pay for, its absolute rubbish!! no comparison to OME.

As for TJM there coil springs are King Springs which are also the supplier to ARB so they are good coils, but unfortunately TJM shocks were once Cofap from Brazil which were great! but now they source them from China, they are also rubbish, like all there products now, they have bugger all manufacturing in Australia, a great company ruined by pen pushers.

Well, since they arent top of the line, let me ask from this perspective...

How are their suspensions for a lower priced product? You know, not everyone can afford the top of the line stuff. What were the bad reviews like? Broken springs/shocks? Sagging? Super stiff and never broke in?

Their kits seem very affordable to me, and look attractive in most aspects. I like that they are an Australian tested, not bubba from da bayou, tested for overland travel.

bomar

Adventurer
I had a 2,5 inch setup for my fj80 and it was a great setup for $450.

I would buy it again but I also don't think that OME is the cats ***.

The springs on my 62 are W shaped so i am not impressed for 4 or 5 year old springs. OME shocks are way overrated i have some skyjacker shocks that are alot better.

For 80 series Frankie's Off Road has an awesome setup.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Well, since they arent top of the line, let me ask from this perspective...

How are their suspensions for a lower priced product? You know, not everyone can afford the top of the line stuff....

That is just it, they are not that much cheaper if any. I'm seeing over $1000 for a 60 Series suspension, without shackles, pins or a steering damper. Add those items and you'd be pretty close to the price of the Old Man Emu setups. Likewise on the 80 Series Suspensions I'm seeing $570-770 for 4 coils and 4 shocks, even adding a steering damper and caster correction to the 'value' kit and you'd be right in line with the OME pricing for the premium Nitro Sport shocks even.

Again I had the chance to see many of their items firsthand and discuss some of their components at length with shops in Aussie this past summer. There are some items they were content with and others less so. Likewise there are some items I am interested in seeing first hand and others I don't see much merit for my needs or my customers needs.

alan

Explorer
Ironman shocks fail internally, the bushes perish, the valving is wrong, and there coils,leaf springs and torsion bars all break, sure some people will be happy with it but compared with what!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94