Honda EU2000 Geni

mcgovski

Adventurer
I have a Honda EU 2000 Generator...its a great little unit. Problem is, I left fuel in it over the last 6 months without starting it and now it wont start. My bad. I was thinking I could put some fuel stabilizer in it and see if that would work...any other suggestions?

thanks

Chris

if this is on the wrong place...sorry

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Have you dumped out the old gas and refueled with fresh gas? Usualy that will get things going again unless the carb has varnished up on you.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
One thing to try is to take the fuel cap off to take away any chance of a plugged vent cap. You can also move the off-run lever on the cap back and forth a few times while blowing in it.

If it doesn't even try to start (as opposed to coughing and sputtering but not running), you might fiddle with the on-off switch to make sure it is definitely on the run position. At least on mine, it's possible to have the switch look like it's set to run, but not be quite engaged. Try to feel for a little click.

Beyond that, there's the obvious advice of not to give up to soon. I've had mine start after maybe 20 or so pulls when I originally thought "No Way."

dumolebob

Observer
Chg Sparkie

First thing is to put in a new spark plug!:wings:

Then again Dump the old fuel. Pull starter with choke out to clear things. Add fresh fuel. It seems unlikely you'd get varnish in just one year, but it could happen...?

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I have a Honda EU 2000 Generator...its a great little unit. Problem is, I left fuel in it over the last 6 months without starting it and now it wont start. My bad. I was thinking I could put some fuel stabilizer in it and see if that would work...any other suggestions?

thanks

Chris

if this is on the wrong place...sorry

Also the fuel stabilizer is supposed to be mixed with fresh fuel before storage. It won't help with old fuel.

WAND3R3R

Adventurer
Honda 2000

Hope you get your Gen started! I thank you for reminding me to run mine a little. It has been 3 months since I last ran it and it started after about 10 pulls. Thanks

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Forgot to add that when it is time to store the generator, first turn off the fuel valve and let the generator continue to run. That will burn off the remaining gas in the carb and minimize deposits that gum it up.

kerry

Expedition Leader
X2 on filling the carb with carb cleaner. It could save you the disassembly. Someone once told me he ran his small engines on laquer thinner when they gummed up like this. It is a solvent that will dissolve the varnish.

I prefer to store my Honda Generator completely empty of fuel because modern gasolines see to create varnish much more quickly than older formulations. I just let it run until it runs out of fuel.

bowdawg

The last time I use mine before winter I mix in a little 2-stroke oil and run it before I drain it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online