Shortbusadventure's Tiger Motorhome build

Ironduff

Observer
I was at the Provan factory this AM, going to FL to see the shuttle launch Sunday AM. I think I saw what'll be Shortbus's new unit a'building. Picture a CX with raised structural sides and a more-or-less 'level' roofline, instead of the 2-step roof of the CX. Net effect is 6'4" standing height pretty much throughout, and an extra 3"-4" overhead clearance in the top bunk. Very, very neat! The factory website should have some info on the new model in the next few days. www.tigermotorhomes.com

This was the first time I'd met Mark, the owner, and I think he's a real stand-up, sensible guy. There are some improvements being done and in the works on the existing CX, too. They seem to be building about as many as they can.

Overall, I'm _real_ impressed with what I saw & heard. But I still smile real big every time I drive my '06...

Jim H.

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
Just got word that my truck arrived at Provan today.
They were nice enough to send pics of the coach in progress. Not that much to see, but I'm happy. I don't know if you can see any differences at this point in the height and other changes they are making.

-Kevin
Hopper002.jpg

Hopper001.jpg

Hopper003.jpg

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Wow !
Look at all the welded aluminum.
Thanks for sharing the photos !

Cheers,
Frank

Just got word that my truck arrived at Provan today.
They were nice enough to send pics of the coach in progress. Not that much to see, but I'm happy. I don't know if you can see any differences at this point in the height and other changes they are making.

-Kevin

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
Provan Update

Provan has finally updated their site with info on the new and improved "Bengal Tiger".

http://tigermotorhomes.com/press-release.htm

Tiger Motorhomes Announces New Model
[2.3.10]

Provan Industries, LLC announces a new model to the Tiger Motorhomes product line: “The Bengal Tiger, by Provan Industries, LLC”. Based on the Tiger CX platform, the Bengal Tiger retains most of the attributes of the Tiger CX with one important distinction. The new model will feature a taller roof, which will yield increased interior height. The CX has an interior height of 6’1” in the entry area, sloping to 5’11” in the rear of the coach. This top gives the Tiger CX an overall height of approximately 10 feet. The Bengal Tiger will have an interior height of 6’4” throughout the coach, which will make the overall height of the unit approximately 10’6”.

“Though the Tiger has a widely-acclaimed and appreciated interior layout, those of taller stature find the interior height at times challenging,” says Mark Guild, General Manager of Provan Industries, LLC. “We have reacted to this feedback by providing the Bengal Tiger with increased vertical living space. We are certain that our customers will appreciate having the choice between two fine models to appropriately suit their needs.”

“The CX has been a mainstay of the Tiger brand since 1991,” Guild continues. “As such, we feel it is important to maintain its heritage and will continue to offer it for the foreseeable future. For new models we are taking a different approach. The name Tiger is simple, unique, and powerful. We want to enhance this image by giving each new model a unique Tiger name. The Bengal is the most common of the Tiger species, and is the perfect name for a model we feel will appeal to the majority of our customers.”

The Bengal Tiger with the new top is currently in production. The first customer unit is being delivered later this month. We will post pictures to www.tigermotorhomes.com once the unit is complete. Updated price lists will soon be available. Until then, please contact Provan at 800.531.9383 for a quote.

shortbusadventure,

Would like to replicate the powder coated wheel setup you have on my truck.

What was the process to get this done and what kind of service providers should I look for?

Was this a one-stop or multiple stop process for you?

How'd/where did you store the truck while the wheels were being powder coated or were they done with the tires mounted?

What was the turn-around time on the powder coating? Any special instructions on the powder coating (you had the lugs coated, too?)?

Thanks,
JP

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
shortbusadventure,

Would like to replicate the powder coated wheel setup you have on my truck.

What was the process to get this done and what kind of service providers should I look for?

Was this a one-stop or multiple stop process for you?

How'd/where did you store the truck while the wheels were being powder coated or were they done with the tires mounted?

What was the turn-around time on the powder coating? Any special instructions on the powder coating (you had the lugs coated, too?)?

Thanks,
JP

I had the leveling kit, shocks, swaybars/links, steering components, and wheel spacers droppped shipped to a "4 Wheel Parts" store in Denver. They dismounted the stocks wheels tires, sent the wheels out for powdercoating. They told me the multi-day powdercoat was not an issue for them as they have 12 lifts at their shop. I had them mount the new Toyo M/T's. I do not believe they powdercoated the lugs, if anything, they might have rattle canned them. They might have been dark to begin with, I dunno, I've not seen the truck in person.

Understand that I purchased the truck from the dealer over the phone. They are accustomed to working with buyers over the internet/phone, and work with the local "4 Wheel Parts" the facilitate custom truck builds.

A good powdercoater will most likely media blast wheels and then powdercoat them. It depends on the surface. Lugs can always be replaced to achieve a certain look. I'm a fan of closed end lugs to prevent corrosion. My lugs might get changed out.

Long winded, hope this helps.

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
Stopped by Provan today while driving our rig back to the West coast. Got a chance to check out the new top of our Bengal Tiger. I am really happy we decided to opt for the extra interior height. There is some interesting ideas for future improvements/options being tossed around. I am quite pleased with the flexibility of Provan, and there eagerness to accommodate all of our needs.
-Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_5157.jpg
    IMG_5157.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_5154.jpg
    IMG_5154.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 666
  • IMG_5152.jpg
    IMG_5152.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 666

hardware

Sweet !

i live in NC. I am going to have to get down to SC and check it out.

i have been looking for this type set up for my future plans. I have had some email exchanges with Provan about the Tiger

i have been lusting over an earthroamer for years. to much money for me. with Provan's set up and their reported desire to accommodate customers it looks like a great rig.

shortbus - are you going to have the separate gas generator that they normally provide or are you doing something different with all diesel appliances etc.. kind of like an earthroamer ? i am assuming the truck is a diesel.

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
Sweet !

i live in NC. I am going to have to get down to SC and check it out.

i have been looking for this type set up for my future plans. I have had some email exchanges with Provan about the Tiger

i have been lusting over an earthroamer for years. to much money for me. with Provan's set up and their reported desire to accommodate customers it looks like a great rig.

shortbus - are you going to have the separate gas generator that they normally provide or are you doing something different with all diesel appliances etc.. kind of like an earthroamer ? i am assuming the truck is a diesel.

Hey Hardware,

We opted to delete the generator from our build and run our current solar/battery setup. Our battery bank has been sufficient for our needs thus far, and I will see if it is up to the task on the Tiger. I might add an additional solar panel to my system, or maybe even an wind generator. A wind generator would more than supply my needs. I have seriously considered running all diesel appliances. I got the inspiration from badgertrek.com more than Earthroamer. I like the diesel stove the badger folks runs, as it doubles as a heater. If I can find a diesel generator small enough, I might consider it. For now, we are going to run the propane systems, as we will be in the US and Canada for a few more years. After that, if we go international, the diesel switchover might occur. Yes, our truck is a diesel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke