Shortbusadventure's Tiger Motorhome build

suntinez

Explorer
Looking good! Will be interested to hear your impressions once you get it. I really like what the "new" provan is doing these days, a good customer-focused direction.

Wonderland

Explorer
Very Nice!!! That thing is going to be bada**!!!

Heck of a lot cheaper than an EarthRoamer. I think I am liking the Tiger better than a Sportsmobile.

Wonder how the camper body would look sans paint and polished up.

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
Coach was mounted to the truck chassis today!
We should be picking up the completed unit on March 25th if all goes well.
-Kevin
hopper010.jpg

hopper013.jpg

hopper015-1.jpg

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
Another update

I received a teaser phone pic from an employee at Provan today.
I happened to notice that the stock bumper was removed and sitting in the foreground.
tigerprogress.jpg

I was able to get another employee to get a shot of the Buckstop bumper mounted. Now were talkin!
BumperMounted.jpg

jayshapiro

Adventurer
Almost there!

Looking great! Can't wait to see you guys out on the road. We'll have to share a campfire somewhere this summer...

Good luck!

Cheers,

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
Looking great! Can't wait to see you guys out on the road. We'll have to share a campfire somewhere this summer...

Good luck!

Cheers,

Hey Jay,

Sounds like a plan. We really want to check out the expo in Arizona, though I don't think we will make it. Who knows? I will check in with you soon to see what your routes are in the coming months.

-Kevin

getout

Adventurer
Pretty amazing. I watch a drool.

Out of curiosity, why didn't the build that body to fit the full width of the dully rear? It seems like the extra foot of width or so would have been nicer than going with fender flares.

Ironduff

Observer

Out of curiosity, why didn't the build that body to fit the full width of the dully rear? It seems like the extra foot of width or so would have been nicer than going with fender flares.

Since SB is hopefully out driving his new 'Super Tiger' :smiley_drive: right now....

The width of the coach is determined by the roof molding (one-piece f'glass, including upper sides and F&R). That's sized for a SRW chassis. They get orders for more of those. On various factory visits in the past 4+ years, I've seen probably 15-20 Tiger builds that were far enough along to tell SRW's from DRW's. IIRC, this is only the second one with duals.

The Bengal coach is taller than a CX like mine, but the floorplan and length & width don't change.

Jim H.

deadbird

Observer
Awsome truck and build, I hate to be a crittic but I'm bummed on the fender flares. Could you shave and graft the stock ones on? The ones you have don't fit the lines of the camper and truck.
-Ezra

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94