Shortbusadventure's Tiger Motorhome build

fyreles

I really enjoyed the thread. We too are Tiger fans. We have a diesel and could not imagine owning a gasser model. The mileage and power are amazing. We visited the factory in Carolina last month and decided to probably have them put the Bengal top on this one as a refit. Mark was great to work with.IMG1319.jpg

Attachments

• IMG1320.jpg
    IMG1320.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Scott39

Adventurer
I really enjoyed the thread. We too are Tiger fans. We have a diesel and could not image owning a gasser model. The mileage and power are amazing. We visited the factory in Carolina last month and decided to probably have them put the Bengal top on this one as a refit. Mark was great to work with.View attachment 96733

Do you have some more info on this one, I see it must be an older Dodge Cummins?

fyreles

Our Tiger was made in Denver when they made them there. It is a 2002 and one of two made on this platform. I had the storage rack made on the rear. I was visiting in Denver a few years ago and went to Nolan RV, a gentleman who was working in service came outside. He started talking about the Tiger, to find out he was foreman on the assembly line and remembered the RV and the person that had it built.
The Cummins is a great engine and the Dodge suspension sits much higher without modification than the chevy chassis. I have added light engine programming, larger intake and exhaust. Heavy brush guard. It is in getting a winch right now. I would love to have a bigger cab but it is very nimble and off roads well.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Love the build.

snip-I stopped in Scottsdale, AZ at ASFIR 4x4 to pick up some underbody protection. Those guys are great! Now I'm not so scared to drag the belly of the big truck.-snip

Could you take some pictures of how the coverage is? I am really interested in the ASFIR skids, but the pictures on their website suck and don't really show how everything mounts and what it covers.

Also, are you still liking your AeroTank? I was real close to pulling the trigger on a Transfer Flow, but I like the extra 7 gallons that the AT offers over the TF and more importantly, the fact that the AT doesn't hang below the frame rail.

Thank you,

Jack

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
I have always been happy with the aero tank. It lets me drive 850+ miles between fill ups. It is nice to choose where you stop and price of fuel. I will try to get some pics of the skid plates soon. It's raining, so I will see when I can get under the rig. I also did a nice trip South recently, and need to post pics.

-Kevin

locrwln

Expedition Leader
I have always been happy with the aero tank. It lets me drive 850+ miles between fill ups. It is nice to choose where you stop and price of fuel. I will try to get some pics of the skid plates soon. It's raining, so I will see when I can get under the rig. I also did a nice trip South recently, and need to post pics.

-Kevin

Excellent. I think I am going to shoot for sometime late May to early June to set up my appointment with Aerotank for a 52 gal tank for my truck.

Looking forward to the trip report and pictures of the skids.

Jack

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
Asfir Skid plates

Here are pics of the skids:
1st: Motor skid plate
2nd: Alison Transmission skid
3rd: Transfer case skid

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Did you gain the mpgs from the dual to single change, or do you think it is a MT to AT thing? I guess it is hard to tell since I assume you did both at the same time.

Have you had conventional truck campers before, and if so is it a big difference driving the Tiger? I would think the Tiger would be more stable due to the ability to get tanks and heavy stuff lower.

Your pics are awesome, by the way!

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the pics. Maybe they should use your truck as an example on the website to give everyone some idea of what they look like and what they cover.

Jack

Carlyle

Explorer
Just read your build beginning to end and I'm impressed with what you area doing with your rig. I hope to be putting my new rig through similar adventures soon.

Thanks for posting the build!

TRDFAN

Adventurer
Any more updates on this rig? I went by their shop last week and talked to the guys. Enjoyed walking around the shop and meeting some of the crew. The new Siberian is amazing!! The one we were on had all the bells and whistles.

I think your truck was the inspiration for building the new Siberian model, your truck is bad to the bone. Thanks for any updates.

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
Sorry about slacking on updates. I have been trying to spend more time outdoors, and less time on the computer. I love sharing my adventures, and especially my photos.
Here are some pics of a few trips in the last 9 months. I have many more pics of the DV trip, and will post them after I get some sleep. Started this post around midnight, got called into work (emergency) and finished this post around 4:30am.

First is from the Alvord Desert in Eastern Oregon, It was quite cold last November.
IMG_1966.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2136.jpg

Trip south to Death Valley, Vegas, and back up through CA.

Summer Lake, Oregon
IMG_0539.jpg

Entering Death Valley National Park
IMG_0570.jpg

One lucky driver, who fell asleep at the wheel.
IMG_0768.jpg

My buddy getting as low as you can in North America
IMG_0878-1.jpg

A nice Toyota that parked next to us at the Mesquite Dunes.
IMG_3918.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles