Rallylights Hella Headlight Kit in a JK

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I installed my Rallylights Hella 7" round kit in my Jeep yesterday. It consists of a stout harness, a pair of relays, two Hella reflectors, and a pair of Hella bulbs. I won't detail the install; the kit is easy enough that instructions are not needed (they are included though and are quite thorough).
These photos have a set of Osram 70/65 bulbs though...
I also got around to shooting pics of the light from my HID's after tinting the lenses selective yellow.

In the "before" pics, my Jeep is pretty far to the right of the lane; there was a TJ next to me with Trucklite LED headlights.
In the "after" shots, I'm quite a bit farther back than I had been in the befores ---- but the decoy stuffed dogs are at the same spot.

I'm extremely pleased with them.

Phillips Visionplus H13 low:
Visionpluslowbeam.jpg

Hella/Osram low:
Hella-Narvalowbeam.jpg

Visionplus H13 high:
Visionplushighbeam.jpg

Hella/Osram high:
Hella-Narvahighbeam.jpg

HIDx 6000K:
HIDxauxlights.jpg

HIDx with yellow tint:
yellowhid.jpg

Osram highbeams and yellow HIDx together:
Hella-Narvahighyellowhid.jpg

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Oooh, that's cool! We have TONS of deer here, that could be quite handy!
-Al
It's a very good kit and only exceeded by a Cibie housing that you could source from Daniel Stern; I'd still get the harness and uber-bulbs from Rallylights.com.
A fellow on CPF tells me that Hella has an upgraded housing now as well. This one is very good and a huge improvement but there are some random artifacts from it.

Bill- that looks like a great setup.

Rallylights is a great vendor. I have nothing but positive remarks about them as well.

Be careful driving around with that setup. PETA may petition you for blinding innocent wildlife and then leaving them to fend for themselves...

:elkgrin:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Be careful driving around with that setup. PETA may petition you for blinding innocent wildlife and then leaving them to fend for themselves...

:elkgrin:
Well, I know of one happy jackrabbit this morning that's happy I installed those lights; saw him and adjusted my course in time.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Those Osrams are normal headlights or are they in an off road light housing? Link to where you got them?
The Rallylights kit link is in my first post.
The Osrams are 70/65 (motorcycle bulb) and won't live a long time; that's the price you pay for intensity. The housing is a normal 7" Hella round for generic applications.
Rallylights.com has an extensive bulb listing HERE. And Candlepower has a vast selection HERE.
Rallylights can make a plugnplay harness for anything you want.

No comparison pictures with the Trucklite LED's?
I did a write-up on that previously; here's the quick review.
Truck-Lite's 7" headlights are great... ...for show trucks that aren't driven at night. They're worthless in the real world.

Trucklite lowbeam:
Trucklitelowbeam.jpg

Trucklite highbeam:
Trucklitehighbeam.jpg

thebigtman

Bill,

I have the same lights and I'm very pleased with them. IMHO, it was one of the best mods dollar for dollar that I've done.

thebigtman

Are those Hellas e-code or DOT?

SM6024J Headlamp Kit for Jeep Wrangler 2007->

• Replaces H13 lamp with Hella E-Code H4 Headlamps.

Includes:
• Two Hella 7" E-Code Headlamps
• Two H4 60/55W Bulbs
• Plug and Play Harness
• Installation Instructions.
• Based on European headlamp technology.
• Brighter than a standard halogen due to improved optics without increased glare.
• Produces 50% more powerful beam on low beam.
• Produces 25% more powerful beam on high beam.
• Other H4 bulbs may be substituted at additional cost

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I did a write-up on that previously; here's the quick review.
Truck-Lite's 7" headlights are great... ...for show trucks that aren't driven at night. They're worthless in the real world.

Trucklite lowbeam:
Trucklitelowbeam.jpg

Trucklite highbeam:
Trucklitehighbeam.jpg

Wow...How are they still in business? Thanks for the images.

winkosmosis

Explorer
SM6024J Headlamp Kit for Jeep Wrangler 2007->

• Replaces H13 lamp with Hella E-Code H4 Headlamps.

Includes:
• Two Hella 7" E-Code Headlamps
• Two H4 60/55W Bulbs
• Plug and Play Harness
• Installation Instructions.
• Based on European headlamp technology.
• Brighter than a standard halogen due to improved optics without increased glare.
• Produces 50% more powerful beam on low beam.
• Produces 25% more powerful beam on high beam.
• Other H4 bulbs may be substituted at additional cost
Are JK headlights interchangeable with old 7" round sealed beams? IE, can you put them in a TJ or a Miata?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne