Mr Heater Buddy Heaters on Sale at Lowes

jnelson4x4taco

Adventurer
Can anyone who has used these before speak to their quality and power?

I want to get one that would heat a Tacoma truck bed topper and/or a mid sized (4person) tent. Would the smaller unit be powerful enough or should I just go with the bigger one? Also, are they powerful enough to heat a 2 car garage?

Rando

Explorer
I bought one of the big ones yesterday, and used it to heat my two car garage last night. On high it could certainly take the chill of the garage, it was about 35 outside and 55 inside the garage. It seems to be fairly well built. I am considering trying it to heat my wildernest, but am a little hesitant due to the amount of water it produces. I would be a bit hesitant to use it in a small space like a topper or a tent. The front gets very hot and it would be easy to brush up against it with a sleeping bag and end up with a melted nylon mess.

Can anyone who has used these before speak to their quality and power?

I want to get one that would heat a Tacoma truck bed topper and/or a mid sized (4person) tent. Would the smaller unit be powerful enough or should I just go with the bigger one? Also, are they powerful enough to heat a 2 car garage?

Bennyhana

Adventurer
I use mine in my small 4 person tent to take the chill out of the morning and going to bed. My tent has pretty good ventilation so I'm not to worried about it. It does have a low oxygen shutoff. I have fallen asleep with it on and awaken to an empty propane bottle...freezin my butt off. With the little buddy heaters a 1lb bottle lasts about 6-7 hours on the low setting.

SilverBullet

Explorer
Okay, we have the big one. Hooked to a 5lb propane tank (TT has another outlet, so it is easier) we heat our Coleman Utah TT popup with them no problems. With all th air gaps and drafts associated with the trailer, we still hit 70 degrees easily and no problems with ventilation. I love this heater.
I also use it for wood working in my 3-car garage when the weather is too cold to work or maybe paint... no problems bringin gth etemp up about 20 degrees if it is cold outside. Great units.
The only dilema I have is the battery fan. I wish I could somehow get it on 12V to run off my trailer battery, the D cells die too quickly.

Explorer
Just rember folks, CHECK THAT THE BOTTLE OR HOSE CONNECTION IS TIGHT BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP!

The unit will still run if the bottle connection is leaking.

dumolebob

Observer
Not over seven grand

Got a Big Buddy and a small buddy. They are terrific. Don't know why you'd get the little one when the Big Buddy has a "low" setting.

BUT THE DARN THINGS WILL NOT WORKL OVER 7,000 FEET! NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE ELSE SEZ - THEY ARE NOT DEPENDABLE OVER SEVEN GRAND. They may work right around seven depending upon the pressuer at the time.

I DO LOVE MINE!

jnelson4x4taco

Adventurer
I picked up a little one last night, had to call a few different locations to make sure they had them but finally found one. I personally like the size (and price) of the small one and think it will do great heating up a truck camper and/or tent. Nice metal construction too, seems pretty tough.

Cant wait to try it out.

User_Name

Adventurer
Stopped by my local store yesterday and all they had were the large ones, got home and the inventory check on the website showed they had 8 in stock so I called and sure enough they were out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94