which brand/model Tire 235/85R16 would you pick for ...

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Hey Redline, when can we expect an updated review (and pics) of the M-55's? I'm interested to see what your 2nd impression is.

Yes, but I don't think I will get to it for severals days. I will update the M55 thread.

FYI, my opinion was mostly positive.

kookynet

off beaten tracks lovers
... well well well...

Thank you very much for your detailed input, I really appreciate your time and efforts to document/back up your points.

Ah, I forgot to say that since I have a very unusual 5 bolt pattern (15 years old truck imported from Japan) the only stock tubeless wheels I could find are 6" wide, thus 255 are not an option... alas !

I tried hard to have custom wheels made (with an offset that would allow me to get rid of the tubed split rim duallies and go rear tubeless singles) but after 2 months I gave up with the feeling that the companies which have the right equipment (360 degrees welders) are not interested in such a specific and $ small job. There will always be a focus on the big customers and the chances that a slot opens in the production planning are thin... which probably explains why the guys who finally got custom wheels had to wait 6 months...

I'll keep you posted.
thanks again,
Best
Robert

ashooter

Adventurer
Hey Kooky, I'm running 255's on my FJ80 with 16x6 70-Series Land Cruiser rims with no problems at all. I've seen several others with 255's on these rims as well, so you could probably get away with it on yours.

... but, I would think getting any kind of replacement 255/85r16 anywhere outside the U.S. would be dang near impossible. Not exactly easy finding anybody who stocks that size anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior