Wildlife Photography

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I found that we have few Pronghorn Antelope hanging out about 15 mins North of my house here in Prescott. Fun Backyard friends to practice on. :sombrero:

Pronghorn%20Antelope-1-XL.jpg

Pronghorn%20Antelope-2-XL.jpg

Pronghorn%20Antelope-4-XL.jpg

Pathfinder

Adventurer
Love the pronghorn, they can be difficult to get close enough to to photograph them. Well done!

I found a monarch yesterday, and we have not seen many Monarchs this summer at all. Glad to finally see one in our garden

Monarch%20on%20sedum-1040230-XL.jpg

Also saw a northern water snake in the back country down by the Wabash River

head%20of%20snake%20-2416-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Rumpig

Adventurer
Here's a pic i took a few weeks back of an animal we don't normally see on our local beaches. It's not unheard of to see seals on the beaches around these parts, but it's not really something you are likely to see either (first one i've seen in the wild in my 42 years of life living here)

richjeeps

Eagle
Here's a pic i took a few weeks back of an animal we don't normally see on our local beaches. It's not unheard of to see seals on the beaches around these parts, but it's not really something you are likely to see either (first one i've seen in the wild in my 42 years of life living here)

Nice pic! I saw tons of them on Kangaroo Island. I can't remember the name of the beach but it was on the south-southeast end. :)

Rumpig

Adventurer
Nice pic! I saw tons of them on Kangaroo Island. I can't remember the name of the beach but it was on the south-southeast end. :)
seals are a lot more common in the Southern parts of Australia then up North here in Qld. I've never been to Kangaroo Island myself so can't help you out with the names of beaches there, i've not travelled a lot of South Australia at all to be honest but look forward to doing so sometime in the future. Looking at a map of the island i see a couple of names that may jog your memory...Wreckers Beach or Wheatons Beach by any chance?

richjeeps

Eagle
seals are a lot more common in the Southern parts of Australia then up North here in Qld. I've never been to Kangaroo Island myself so can't help you out with the names of beaches there, i've not travelled a lot of South Australia at all to be honest but look forward to doing so sometime in the future. Looking at a map of the island i see a couple of names that may jog your memory...Wreckers Beach or Wheatons Beach by any chance?

Hoy Rumpig,

I didn't realize your sighting was rare. :) We visited Kangaroo Is in 1999 or 2000 and I didn't take good notes of the trip. To make matters worse, the ex-wife kept all the pics and books. But I did find my old map. It looks like we saw sea lions (not seals) at Seal Bay. Then we hit every beach and cape heading west to Admiralty Arch/Remarkable Rocks.

It was a great trip. We saw echidna, koalas, platypus, sea lions, many birds, and of course kangaroos. We also loved Wilpena Pound and Cober Peady along the way.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Mate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94