Wildlife Photography

joelwho

Adventurer
Not 'wild' anymore, but pretty cool, nonetheless.

And injured screech owl.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421088826.490862.jpg

Its handler demonstrates its camouflage. All but disappears
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421088869.157021.jpg

cchoc

Wilderness Photographer
Looking forward to spring:

_D8E2149-Edit-Edit.jpg

craig333

Expedition Leader
The Yolo Wildlife area is only twenty minutes away and yet today was my first trip. Unfortunately it was also a foggy day. Lots of ducks, coots and other birds.

Cascade Wanderer

Adventurer
They should be called "wombutts" :)

Few years ago we went to Katmai NP to see real size bears. Camping behind tiny electrical wire, walking by ourselves through the forest for a mile to observation platform armed with nothing but hand clapping, while surrounded by dozens of grizzlies. What and awesome experience! Highly recommended! :)

View attachment 188575

View attachment 188576

View attachment 188577

View attachment 188578

View attachment 188579

View attachment 188580

Went there in 1978 I believe it was. Those have got to be the most photographed bears in Alaska! Awesome experience. We didn't have a little wire of any kind around our camp, but the bears were polite. Thanks for sharing those photos!

Regards, Guy

Cascade Wanderer

Adventurer
All you photographer types out there - THANK you for these images!

My efforts pale in comparison, but I'm having a lot of fun trying. Retired from my main job last year, only doing some part-time work now, and have the ability to get out and find wildlife here in "North Central Washington" pretty regularly. Mama bought me a decent little Olympus PEN camera and a 75-300 lens, so I'm getting started. I've had a blast, looking over the wonderful photos you are posting here! Very inspiring! Time to time I may ask some pointers...

So far I've been posting from my Photobucket account, and the quality of the photos appears to be degraded somewhat, by doing that. Or am I imagining that?

At any rate, expect some "Wow!" comments from me when I see something I really like. And I'll try to keep the standards high.

Regards, Guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles