Box Rocket '03 DC Tacoma Build

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Picked up a used bedrug and installed it last night. Really impressed with it actually. I'm trying to figure out how to do some tie downs with it but otherwise it's very nice.
Back in September you were digging the glass fenders with the topper, and it was staying that way until spring. Looks like you did not even make it to winter. :)

Box Rocket

Yeah it was planned to stay that way, until I found a FZJ80 that I wanted to buy. I needed to round up cash quickly so I sold the topper to help fund the purchase. :)

Box Rocket

Trying out some orange filters on my HIDs. I had an old set of clear lens covers that we a little blurry that I replaced a while back. I decided to use them to test out some amber lenses. I used Duplicolor Metal Cast Orange paint to tint them. The Metal Cast paint is typically used to spray over metal surfaces to give it an anodized look. So it's a semi-transparent paint. Worked pretty well on the lenses.

Now I just need to get some time in the dirt with them and see if it changes anything with light performance in the dust. If it doesn't, no big deal, I still have my clear lenses I can go back to.

Kole

Adventurer
Yeah it was planned to stay that way, until I found a FZJ80 that I wanted to buy. I needed to round up cash quickly so I sold the topper to help fund the purchase. :)

You can't just skip right over that comment without sharing something about the 80! Did you wind up getting another one?

Kole

Adventurer
Ooh very nice! I'm helping my pops shot for one. He rode with me during the last Ozark Overland Rally and got hooked. he want's an 80 now.

Box Rocket

I am using aftermarket Ultra Motorsport rims. There are lots of people here in the states using the stock 16x7" rim (should be the same size as the Euro Spec) with a 285/75 R16 that I have seen firsthand. That size is possibly pushing the width limits for a 7" wide rim, but there are many choosing to go with a 255/85 R16 which is essentially a 33x10.50 that works better on the narrower rim.
Yes I am using a spacer. I have 1.25" Spidertrax wheel adapters. They aren't necessary to fit the wheels, I just wanted a wider track.

Wider track means more transverse stability. That's why I want some spacers too. I should look for some replacement rims wider than 7, maybe from Lexus or some aftermarkets from Dotz. Thanks for answers. :sombrero:

taco_tay

Adventurer
First off I want to say I love your truck!! By far my favorite taco on any of the forums...I want to build my 2000 very similarly to yours.

Quick questions, what is your lift/ suspension components? I've been doing a ton of research and I really like how yours looks on 33's. It seems like you get some decent travel and flex. I'm not apposed to hacking my fenders for some more tire clearance. Any thoughts?

Box Rocket

First off I want to say I love your truck!! By far my favorite taco on any of the forums...I want to build my 2000 very similarly to yours.

Quick questions, what is your lift/ suspension components? I've been doing a ton of research and I really like how yours looks on 33's. It seems like you get some decent travel and flex. I'm not apposed to hacking my fenders for some more tire clearance. Any thoughts?

Details should be near the beginning of the thread since it was one of the first things done on the truck, but I'm using mostly OME suspension components. Specifically OME 882 coils, OME Nitrocharger shocks, OME Dakar rear leaves with the D6XL extra leaf. Up front also has a 10mm trim packer (JK spacer), and the rear shocks have been relocated since the stock mounting limits travel with the OME shocks. U-bolt flip in the rear and 1.5" AllPro shackles.

taco_tay

Adventurer
Cool thanks for the info. Is there anything you would have done differently?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94