Box Rocket '03 DC Tacoma Build

cdrewferd

Observer
I have the same steering rack on my 99 4Runner with 35s. Doing good so far.

Love the build Adam. First class all the way.

Box Rocket

My OME Dakar springs came with sleeved bushings pressed into the main eyes. They've been run pretty hard over that last few years. I was chasing a suspension noise for the past little while and tracked it to the bushings. So Saturday was a day to replace bushings. Looks like it was time :) . Replaced them with Factory Toyota sleeved bushings. I'll see how these do and then look as maybe changing to poly bushings.

rubber was so trashed the inner sleeve fell out when I pulled the spring.

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
I'm right on the verge of purchasing the 4 Leaf Dakar spring pack from Toytec. Maybe I should just re-bush them now? (01 DC, Non-TRD)..
May get adjustable shackles while I'm at it for load variations., empty bed vs loaded for camping possibly with my Tepui RTT on the back.

Sorry for the hi-jack BoxRocket!! :snorkel:

Box Rocket

I'm right on the verge of purchasing the 4 Leaf Dakar spring pack from Toytec. Maybe I should just re-bush them now? (01 DC, Non-TRD)..
May get adjustable shackles while I'm at it for load variations., empty bed vs loaded for camping possibly with my Tepui RTT on the back.

Sorry for the hi-jack BoxRocket!! :snorkel:

I would suggest considering getting them from Cruiser Outfitters. Kurt can get you set up with all the right stuff

seanpistol

Explorer
Saw you on 400s this morning- I had a snowmobile in the back. Your rig looks awesome in person, recognized it from far away.

Box Rocket

few updates.

first off, picked up a set of Maxtrax from Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters. Got them mounted up on my bedrack last night. I just used some adjustable pins for the mounting. Should work out great.

details of the pins. Used some rubber blocks to keep it all snug and rattle free

Also I changed out the rockers on my switches. I had broken an old one and needed to replace it. These are a much cleaner look.

Lastly I bent and welded up a new lightbar to my bumper. I cut off the old lightbar when I upgraded to my HIDs because it didn't fit over the 3 lights. I had some scrap tube so I bent a new one to fit over the light and protect them a bit better.

That's it.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Nice addition. If those pins are hard to get ahold of. You can lope two zip ties in each. A trick i used for taking pins of my nitro rc car bodies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
_MG_0110_zps2cc72aea.jpg

That just reminded me entirely too much of this, not to poke just a little fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itIMnlFjEas

Lately, I'm back to looking at a Gen1 Crew, since prices seem to be getting into my range :)

MtnClimber

Ready To Explore!
Where do you get all your fancy switches? I've seen another fella on here making/selling switch panels and need some of the cool switches that you have. Oh ya, your truck pictures belong in calendars, they'rethat good :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior