Do you like Pancakes?

NotAMog

Observer
I just found this thread for the first time. Interesting topic.

The meal I'm known for when camping is scratch buttermilk pancakes.

My Dad made Bisquick pancakes every weekend for years while I was growing up. Many years later it was my turn when my parents moved closer due to failing health and I made scratch buttermilk pancakes for them every weekend. My Dad would never eat pancakes out at a restaurant after having home made scratch buttermilk pancakes since they were never as good.

I few years ago I got a CampChef 2 burner stove with a full size griddle mostly for cooking pancakes for groups of people while camping.

Personally, I like whole wheat sour dough pancakes but it takes awhile to develop a taste for them. My sour dough starter ("Henry") came from some friends who where living in Nome Alaska. Reportedly it's history can be traced back over 100 years to a gold prospector named "Henry".

bajasurf

Explorer
I love my pancakes covered with maple syrup and many dashes of Tabasco sauce. Sweet and tangy. Try it. You will like it.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
I was looking up recipes to add something to every day hotcakes the other day and I found a recipe that adds Oatmeal to the batter. my daughter says nummy nummy nummy lol.

gonejeeping15

Adventurer
more pancakes

Try these mixes, I have them at home all the time, they come in a small box that's easy to pack, and you just add an egg and some milk, mix and start cooking.

Jiffy muffin mix, they come in blueberry, apple-cinnamon, banana, and corn bread that I've found, they cost about 0.60 cents a box.

They each have directions for pancakes and waffles.

I was going to attach photo's but it looks like things changed and my attachments didn't work, Oh Well.

w6jds

Last edited:

GCRad1

Adventurer
PAUL FRANK's DADDY CAKES Boomerang Banana Pancake Mix

This thread has just been so cool! Somehow I lost these images as you can see the holiday decorations around the window. The robots are always on display!

Daddy Cakes did a deal with Paul Frank [Ask your kids, they will know the PF-Brand].

In each can comes three packetts. These can actually be handy for pre-packed meals.

I bought them on a whim and they are actually great tasting!
I will say I like my "true maple" syrup vs the Daddycakes syrup.

Read more about Daddy Cakes [OC Local business] and to purchase
PAUL FRANK's DADDY CAKES Boomerang Banana Pancake Mix
http://www.daddycakesbakery.com/PAU...a_Pancake_p/mix - paul frank+ daddy cakes.htm
:chef:

hoser

Explorer
I didn't make these but I think I'll try to next time... had a stack of Red Velvet pancakes the other day from Babycakes Cafe in Vegas.

LrXO8Ybera14qujZaING8NdLhaCvU5___AsojtWlapwauN5jyhs70uoNQxQTsszEioN3SEk_3tD7xsn0pqSp4D3-eClivqoEt--5ID6IBhXmS9nJW0KxnCCi

Last edited:

Camadile

Supporting Sponsor - Mojoe Outfitters
Bacon Pancakes with Blueberries and Ricotta Cheese

I was recently camping in the desert East of the 29 Palms Marine Base in CA. We took Iron Age Road off Hwy. 62 and went up several washes until we found the perfect campsite. On one of the mornings, we decided to make some pancakes over our campfire using my Mojoe Griddle. I was camping with a longtime buddy and his two college boys who grew up camping with me and their Dad way-out in the desert.

I enlisted one of the guys to help me with the pancakes 'cause the Mojoe cooks fast. He was responsible for sprinkling the blueberries into the pancakes so I renamed him: "Blueberry Boy"!

We shot video of the cook and here is the result:

[video]https://youtu.be/lMec6hpBbtk[/video]

Cam

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I love watching Cam get excited about food... but I don't think I ever need to see a slo mo of him shaking the bisquik ever again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94