Four Wheel Pop Up K5 Question.

truck mechanic

Adventurer
Dont know for sure, but I would think the that it would not be a bolt on because the 72 has a full removable roof and the 79 has a cab over the driver and passanger.
just my .02
Paul

mlaux

On the older full top blazers they just cut the fiberglass roof to match the newer body style. I have installed a Hallmark from a newer blazer onto a 73-75 full roof K5 with no real problems. That being said I would still take some measurements because you never know.

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
You would probably need to take some careful measurements.

It might / might not fit.

The older FWC's that were build for the Blazer, Bronco, & Scott vehicles were all a bit different sized.

Each one was somewhat customized to fit the particular truck it was going on.

Especially the camper to cab fit / camper to cab boot & seal.

====================================================

A long shot...but any idea if a FW from a 72 Jimmy might fit on a 79 K5?

DW

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
You would probably need to take some careful measurements.

It might / might not fit.

The older FWC's that were build for the Blazer, Bronco, & Scott vehicles were all a bit different sized.

Each one was somewhat customized to fit the particular truck it was going on.

Especially the camper to cab fit / camper to cab boot & seal.

Thanks for the info Stan! Is FWC basically out of the business of doing Blazer/Bronco campers and sticking to your standard lineup now, or would a customer still be able to go down this road if they so choose?

1976K5Chalet

Observer
Well...i found a camper for myself finally...in colorado of course...and close by which was a plus as well.

I have it mounted but the cab to camper seal is a big issue. Right side is not tucking up...so i guess i will have to finger something out to solve it..ie: new front board that utilizes the oem tops front bolt holes to draw it forward...

Any ideas stan?

DW

Attachments

• 100_6036 [50%].JPG
    100_6036 [50%].JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_6038 [50%].JPG
    100_6038 [50%].JPG
    309.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_6039 [50%].JPG
    100_6039 [50%].JPG
    279.3 KB · Views: 53