Four Wheel Popup Campers in Ford Broncos

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
I called Hallmark today, they don't build campers for Broncos or Blazers anymore.

I've never heard of ATC, I will research them. How's their quality?
ATC (All Terrain Campers) is in Sacramento, CA. Marty owned FWC and sold it to Tom Hanagan in 2005 I think. By most if not all accounts they do excellent work, much of it custom.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
My only thought is,weight vs wheel base. When my J80 got heavy its short wheel base wasnt exactly happy at speed. Though a camper bronco is cool.

Prizefighter

My only thought is,weight vs wheel base. When my J80 got heavy its short wheel base wasnt exactly happy at speed. Though a camper bronco is cool.

I've decided the 78 Bronco would be better with the 108" wheel base and full width axles instead of the early Bronco with 92" wheel base.

Lots of ATC discussion and information here. Marty does good work.

Spoke with them today, good people, a lot better prices, and seems like the way to go. Thank you so much for the info.

1976K5Chalet

Observer
My 2 cents.

If your going to have one built...see if there is some way with all the modern tech the nose of the camper can rest on the roof with some sort of gym floor foam type material between the roof and the camper. 2) Make the nose section just like a chinook chalet minus the windows ( no matter what you do the windows will leak ). 3) FWD / PHX campers do not bolt to the back of the cab...only the bed rails where the original fiber glass top rests. Makes for wind noise and leakage. Chalets bolted to the back of the cab and the rails so the fit was great and no noise and or leaks. The rounded nose is the key in my opinion. Having owned both on K5's and driving the chinook version from colorado to canada for work the chalet is aero and actually delivered pretty good fuel economy while the the fwd/phx/hallmarks are like a brick. You will feel a difference between the two. Also for general knowledge...a chinook chalet requires a upgrade to 3/4 ton axles so you can get a heavier sidewall tire on as the 15 inch relm is limited. The extra capability of the 16" up tires sidewall makes a Huge difference in handling.

I don't own one anymore although i now have the K5/Jimmy i have always wanted built i just lack the camper. Never fails...

DW

remco

Observer
We made our custom build on bronco...

camper shell is ready now we working on the details and interior....

IMG_5327.jpg

IMG_5328.jpg

IMG_5329.jpg

IMG_5330.jpg

IMG_5331.jpg

IMG_5333.jpg

IMG_5334.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

IMG_5344.jpg

IMG_5221.jpg

IMG_5225.jpg