Cobb Premier Cooking System

riprod

Hi All,

We are a forum sponsoring vendor that manufactures Afrispoor off road trailers. We are also the US distributor of the Cobb Premier portable Grill. It's a fantastic charcoal cooker that grills for 3 hours on 8 charcoal briquettes. Stays completely cool to the touch on the outside while cooks at up to 400 degrees on the inside.

It roasts an 8 lbs Chicken in about 1 1/2 hours and can bake bread or even pizza, since it cooks like a convection oven.
Perfect for serious off road expeditions.
table.jpg
Premier_thumb.jpg

Cobb_Cutaway_with_Food_prev.jpg

Anyway, I wanted to introduce the Grill and see if anyone has tried it or what you all thought ?

Also check out our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/cobbmaster
There are some really nice camp cooking videos from around Southern Africa.

The Grill is available from www.Cobbq.com and we will have a few give aways at the Overland Expo next month for anyone attending.

targa88

Explorer
Have been using one for a couple of years. Very satisfied.
Not the fastest cooking BBQ on the block (better for supper than breakie).
The Best part is that you don't have to lug around fuel.

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
As Targa88 says, I too have had one a bit longer than he and it works great. There are numerous threads on this forum about it. Very versatile little cooker for under $100.

Pros:
  • readily combustible fuel to lug around
  • cooks BBQ style quite quickly and easily
  • quiet
  • relatively compact at ~12"x12" weight ~10lbs maybe less; depends on accessories
  • healthy way to cook
  • easy to clean
  • stainless steel
  • relatively inexpensive - sale eBay $99 for complete kit - all accessories

Cons:
  • difficult to stack all accessories in same kit - skillet, griddle, pan, wok, etc.
  • doesn't boil water quickly -i.e. coffee, tea, soup
  • slow start up - uses briquettes
  • briquettes last longer than one needs to cook the meal - generally

I am sure there are more, but it has served me well. Also, it has won many awards.

Last edited:

Chris

Adventurer
Three years on mine and am happy with it. We use it most when we are on the move, easy set up and teardown. Best of all is, put it on and leave it alone till done. Pizza is fun to have when camping.

X2 on previous posts.

:ylsmoke:

jcbrandon

Explorer
Chris-

Welcome to the Expedtion Portal. I've been using a Cobb for about a year. Very satisfied with it. There is a bit of a learning curve that can be a little frustrating at first. But the results are great. Thanks for bringing this product to the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke