Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '90 f150 build

Default '90 f150 build

Here's a few pics of my build that has been going on for 2 years now. Bought the truck new and started this @ 190,000 miles. My objective is light weight but tough, simple (no ECM's), fuel efficient, aluminum flat bed with FWC eventually. You can see what the salt does to vehicles here near Buffalo, NY. Totally disassembled the frame, blasted and had it hot dip galvanized, reassembled and painted with epoxy and SS urethane. Cummins 4BT with HE341 turbo, intercooler, 9" rear, D44 solid front, 4" lift necessary with the SAS, Eaton Tru-Trac LS frt and rear, 3.50 gears with the M5R2 5spd for now, BW1356 transfer and a GV overdrive to give 9 forward gears. Explorer rear disc conversion. With 3.50's and 33X10.5-15 it will be turning 1620 @70 in double over or 1740 in 4th over @55. Boxed the frame, totally rebuilt the cab, just finishing up exhaust and fuel tank installs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a great project ! I'll keep my eyes peeled for more.
    J-S
    1999 GMC Yukon SLT. Build thread here.
    Going against the grain...

Default more pics

Cab was a lot of work. Put about 7 lbs mig wire into it. Tried to put more pics up but it wouldn't let me, what's up with that?

Had to resize one image.

About where I am now but just made final install of turbo today after the powder coater. Next is reseal the injection pump and install, make new PS lines to hydroboost and box, start on front clip, finish interior, start flatbed. Need to get this done this summer. Getting psyched to get it on the road.

Wow you should have had a cab shipped in from AZ and galvanized dipped it. I will be watching this build you are on the right track.
    Jesse & Amanda Baker + 4 little campers + one camping dog
    BMI
    Heavy equipment & Diesel repair and parts.
    http://www.bakermachineryinc.com/

Nice build and welcome to expo!
    Looking forward to seeing what you do.
    --------------------------------
    Jess
    ---------------------------------------------------------

I forgot I had started a thread on here. After almost 2 -1/2 years of on and off work since I started this thread the truck is 99% done. I got it inspected and aligned last week and am getting the bed deck Linexed tomorrow. I still have to fabricate the running boards or sliders or tube steps, whatever you want to call them. They will be aluminum like the front and rear bumpers. I've only driven the truck about 10 miles and have been taking it easy until I get it broken in but I can tell it will be a fun vehicle to drive.

A couple more
    Last edited by 52wrench; 12-13-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    1990 F150 with a '93 clip, Cummins 4BT, HE341 turbo, 366 governor spring, Dodge IC, M5R2 trans, BW1356 xfer, Gear Vendor OD, '79 D44 front, 9" rear, 3.50, TrueTracs F&R, Toyo 285/75/16 Open Country on ProComp alloys, hydroboost, '98 Explorer rear discs, boxed and plated hot dip galvanized frame, aluminum flatbed and bumpers, GM CS144 140 amp alt, KC 130w Dayliters

wow! thats beautiful

do you have any specs yet?
    weight?
    approx power?
    MPG?
    97 Ram CTD CCLB, 4.10s, 285/75-17 lights/radios
    98 XJ 4"/31s
    99 jeep wj 4"/32s

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...truck-expo-rig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast