Dodge to challenge Raptor ?

haven

Expedition Leader
The folks at Pickuptrucks.com have heard from un-named sources that
Chrysler will bring two RAM concepts to the Easter Jeep Safari in Moab.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/0...g-travel-ram-1500-for-easter-jeep-safari.html

The first is this short wheelbase truck with Power Wagon running gear
and oversize tires, announced last week. This is a rock crawler, not
a Raptor-style desert racer.

skunkworks2010powerwagon.jpg

The second is a RAM 1500 with Hemi power and a trick long wheel travel suspension
developed by Baja racer Kent Kroeker. No photos yet! And no word on the possibility
that this vehicle could see production.

Kent Kroeker's race development company, KORE Engineering, makes a long travel
independent front suspension for the RAM 1500, using Fox shocks. This suspension
will be sold by Mopar Performance, and adding it won't affect the warranty on a new
RAM 1500.

Here's the web page http://dodge-ram-1500-suspension.com/

The result might look like this, and could be competition for the Raptor.

kore-dodge.jpg

Dodge dealers could use a halo vehicle like this to draw truck customers to the showroom.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Sweet:victory:
MoPar or NoCar, baby...:wings::wings:
I'm not a huge fan of the re-styling of the Rams body lines, but as with anything, it will probably grow on me over time...

6Pins

Adventurer
Not too bad.

I did hear from a buddy who does work for DHS the other day that the Border Patrol has sent in an RFP to Ford to make 10-15 Raptor-style vehicles for their use.

Now that would be sweet.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
On first impression. Raptor over that Dodge any day.

:sombrero:

A Power Wagon will go anywhere a Raptor can, but the reverse is not true...

I've already done trails a Raptor just is too wide for. At a full 7" wider at basicly the same wheelbase, the PW handles in the woods/brush much better.

In 2012 the Power Wagon will be availabe with the 6.4L Hemi @ somewhere around 510HP/550Ft/Lbs too boot. Predicted MPG is better than my 5.7L since the 6.4L has MDS/VVT

1speed

Explorer
Kore makes some AWESOME stuff! :Wow1: If they get involved it could be VERY interesting! I think some competition for the Raptor would be cool.

haven

Expedition Leader
Right, I edited my original post to make it clear that the
first truck is a rock crawler, and the second is the desert
runner that could challenge the Raptor. Thanks!

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
They are made for totally different things. the raptor being a baja race ready (almost) rig and the ram is actually on a 2500 frame. this was covered in petersons 4wd like 4 months ago i think. rockcrawler, kinda doubt it. totally awesome hunting rig with expo potential? ohh yeah big time!!!

alexfm

Explorer
If the Dodge comes with all the stickers, and the light bar, and the wheels & tires, then I'd take it over the Raptor anyday. :drool: Especially if it doesnt come with Bright Orange upholstery. :) Although I did see a Dark Blue Raptor the other day...:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles