Sunsets

Scott Brady

Founder
I went on a trail ride in Sedona yesterday, and had the pleasure of capturing this little moment:

sedona_sunset.JPG

Lets see your sunsets

pangaea

Adventurer
I'll go... This one was taken in southern Belize last year. One of the prettiest sunsets I've seen, but the photo wasn't even close to doing it justice.

belize62.jpg

pangaea

Adventurer
Here's another, although I didn't take the pic. This was just outside of Chobe Nat'l Park in Botswana.

While the picture was being shot, I was busy digging a stuck Land Cruiser out of the soft sand, oblivious of how cool it was until we got to camp that night and did some "chimping".

087coolsunset.jpg

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
One at Red Rocks, a great place to enjoy a concert... Then one from last years "Outlaws Run" while camped at Crystal Geyser, along the Green River. Cool thing was, while out there this year the sun set in almost the same way as last year. Only it was about 30 deg that night.... Then one from Wes on last years run again. On our last night, we came through Black Dragon Canyon, then the highway back to base camp. Stoped at the rest stop on the way back, didnt want to miss a great sunset(thats Black Dragon in the background)

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 166
  • sunset green river 21.jpg
    sunset green river 21.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 370
  • 2004-10-15_200816_108_0832.jpg
    2004-10-15_200816_108_0832.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
Ooooh, that BJ70 is the prettiest picture of the bunch ;)

You did that just to torcher me...

Here are another few fav's

MED_az_sunset.jpg

MED_red_rock_NV.jpg

MED_SE_utah_sunset.JPG

MED_vekol_sunset%20014.jpg

MED_trooper_sunset.jpg

MED_white_rim_sunset.JPG

pangaea

Adventurer
bh4rnnr said:
On at Red Rocks, a great place to enjoy a concert...

Nice... Sadly, in all the years that I've lived here in Denver, I've never made it up there for a concert. Heard its one of the best outdoor venues in the world.

bh4rnnr said:
On our last night, we came through Black Dragon Canyon, then the highway back to base camp. Stoped at the rest stop on the way back, didnt want to miss a great sunset

Like Scott, I almost missed the sunset, because I was too busy staring at the BJ70 :)

datrupr

Expedition Leader
pangaea said:
Nice... Sadly, in all the years that I've lived here in Denver, I've never made it up there for a concert. Heard its one of the best outdoor venues in the world.

I have seen many shows at Red Rocks, if you get the chance do not miss it. It is a GREAT venue.

pangaea said:
Like Scott, I almost missed the sunset, because I was too busy staring at the BJ70 :)

What sunset?? :jump:

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
pangaea said:

I do recomend you go next summer! I only realy like to see shows there now, man am I spoiled. It was fun to wheel with Wes and his BJ, he does need a turbo on that thing though.

bh4rnnr

Adventurer
Alright, a few of your pics Scott, reminded me of this pic from summer of 2004. Joined up with Jeremiah Proffitt and Ian from Proffitts cruisers to run Carange canyon (Buena Vista), yes I rode along. And all the other fellers backed out at the last moment.... This is from the sunset/storm saturday night, looking twards Mt.Princeton. Sunday Jeremiah and I drove up it. Fun weekend.

Attachments

• sunset truck mt.jpg
    sunset truck mt.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 156

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking for spearfishing pics to add to the other thread and came upon a few nice sunsets instead.

The first is a sunset in Grenada, I think while anchored just outside Georgetown Harbor
and the second is a sunrise in Luperon, Dominican Republic

More to come!

Attachments

• Grenadian sunset.jpg
    Grenadian sunset.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 180
  • Weekend adventure302_edited.jpg
    Weekend adventure302_edited.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
A few years ago...out my back porch...
Unfortunately, now there are houses along that ridgeline.

Sunset-2.jpg

Not quite sunset, but getting close....

StormClouds.jpg

Ed :D

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Great thread - and great sunsets! - I have been working on a sunset DVD with music for a few years collecting my own photos along the way ( I only have a few on my powerbook right now to post) -

and a few on this page - HERE

Attachments

• Sunset.1.jpg
    Sunset.1.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Sunset.2.jpg
    Sunset.2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 88

Justin

Observer
The other night in Encinitas...

Attachments