PC and Mount Setups Pics

UNI

Adventurer
Jamin_GX Posted: Mind sharing some details of what you have there? The picture is nice (and appreciated around these parts) but it would be nice to know a little more about how you went about accomplishing it.

Sorry for the late response to your question. We are using a Toshiba notebook with a Ram mount. We run the Internet & Cell service through a Novatel MiFi 2200 device and a dual band Wilson Electronic booster system. Along with a Lowrance Endura™ Sierra GPS unit. We are able to run up to 5 laptop computers up to 30 ft. from the vehicle, rolling hot spot. We will be upgrading the booster system late spring, Wilson Electronics will introduce a NEW faster 4G booster system in 2011. I'll post additional information, after we install the new system.

UNI

TomMonkey

Here is my setup I have in my 2001 Toyota Tacoma:

I have a Xenarc 10.4 inch touch screen LCD mounted on a Ram Mount connected to a homemade bracket on the upper double din slot.
DSC_2638.jpg

IMG_4195.jpg

Even though its a touch screen often times I find it easier to use this mouse pad I have attached to that arm rest.
IMG_4197.jpg

The CPU I got years ago from CarCPU.com. Its mounted under the driver's seat.
IMG_4201.jpg

Even though its kinda old and slow by todays standards it still runs great! I can't even remember how fast it is or how much ram. It's still running Windows XP. I use a USB aircard connected to a Cradlepoint WiFi router for internet access. I like this setup because the old aircard I have still has an external antenna port and the router works as my firewall. I only use it for navagation, music, occasional web browsing, and so my 3 year old son can watch Thomas the Tank Engine on our way to the trail. I have some topo software but I usually just use Garmin Mobile PC which shows most of the trails I'm ever on.

I've been thinking of switching to either a Windows or Android tablet but I really have no complaints about how this system works for me.

If it ain't broke... why fix it?

Paladin

Banned
A dash mounted tablet doesn't impede the air bags or interfere with passenger seat.

This photo was taken leaning way over. When sitting upright in the driver seat, the tablet doesn't interfere with visibility at all (at least in a Land Rover Discovery II).

IMG_3365.jpg

I'm using bluetooth in my new setup so the only wire going to the device is the 12VDC power cord.

Craig, I have a similar setup for my 76Csx. But I removed the rubber pad before screwing down the base. Surprised you didn't? Wouldn't it be better? You might even cut out the rubber pad around the pedestal to cover the base.

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Yeah, removing all the rubber under the base by cutting it out might improve the stability and if done carefully might even look better. I didn't have a problem with the stability of this setup though.

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
RAM has a dual suction cup windshield mount available now. Rather than drill the dash I'm going to use that in my Range Rover when I'm on trips.

sxharr05

Adventurer
Itronix GoBook II on a mount from mobilelaptopmounts.com, as seen in my Ram. My apologies for the poor pic quality. I'll try to get something better once the camera is charged.

Attachments

• Photo174.jpg
    Photo174.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 40

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier