Trail Outfitters New Expedition Rig...Toyota 4X4 Chinook

Here is our new shop expedition build. I found this locally on CL and couldn't help myself. The previous owner took great care of it, and started to restore it. The fiberglass is in near perfect shape, 22r with 20r head, 5 spd trans, and spiffy blue interior. We fit the tires which are 32X11.5 BFG Mud Terrains. Pulls great and should have NO major power issues.

We will have this down at the Overland Expo in Arizona next month!

Plans:
Paint white
Custom front bumper
Trail Gear front springs
Fix some camper mounting points
Gut interior and build minimal cabinets, kitchen, sleeping area
Fix passenger door after a failed break it.
New flooring(not sure what...ideas???)
Plenty of other ideas!

FJ60Resto099.jpg

FJ60Resto100.jpg

FJ60Resto102.jpg

Popped up with old tires...
FJ60Resto088.jpg

Thanks guys. I actually just learned to surf last year....hmmmnnn...add that to my list!

I tried to find some info on these but no luck. Toyotamotorhomes.com has some cool info.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Duuude!

You my friend have a major score!
Only a handfull were made in 4X4.
And in great condition.
What a find.
Jeff

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
holy crud nice find. the canvas looks almost new from the pic. nice tires and looks like a good path your on

Thanks a lot guys. We just got done stripping the inside of the camper out. Going to do a lot of reinforcing. The old interior seems like it would crumble apart on a washboard.

The canvas is in great shape.

You guys might kill me if you knew how much I paid for this!

Ummm keep guessing.

Well lets say this...

What do you guys think it is worth? mind you the drivetrain/chassis are in great shape with 5 speed, great fiberglass and canvas.

I'm trying to get a feel for what I can sell it for after the summer. Will a nice interior and paint.

I have to remember this is a business and as much as I want to...I can't keep everything!!

I am planning on getting a lot of use out of it this summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles