Trail Outfitters New Expedition Rig...Toyota 4X4 Chinook

kai38

Explorer
So cool.
My dad had one back in the late 70s
I remember family trips from TX to Iowa in it, 4 kids & two dogs in the back driving down the highway with the back door open and the screen door closed.
I drove it to the drive in movies & remember my dad saying "the seats stay in the up right position":wings:
There's one parked on a side street here in town hasn't moved in 5 yrs not 4 wheel dr but would be a good project truck.
Thanks for the pictures.

Nook

Welcome! Where are the pics?

Thanks, Oh!! OK, heres a pic for ya.
They built them from 73 to 78, no factory 4x4's, but there were some done by dealers using the early Wolverine conversions, but it added around 2500. to the price tag so weren't a big seller back then.
TrailOutfitters looks great, a transplant at some point, as the camper shell is either a late 76 or 77 model from what I can see.
My brown one is a 76, still full funtional motorhome, the blue one a 75 with many changes and no longer a motorhome in the back.

IMG_0881.jpg
[/IMG]

T.Low

Expedition Leader
I think if there were any interior pics of these here Chinook campers, this may very well be my favorite Toyota thread of all time.:ylsmoke:

jh504

Explorer
Well I have 7 more days to finish mine before heading to OVexpo and Cruise Moab.

A lot of long hours at the shop for me!!

Looking forward to the progress!

Thanks, Oh!! OK, heres a pic for ya.
They built them from 73 to 78, no factory 4x4's, but there were some done by dealers using the early Wolverine conversions, but it added around 2500. to the price tag so weren't a big seller back then.
TrailOutfitters looks great, a transplant at some point, as the camper shell is either a late 76 or 77 model from what I can see.
My brown one is a 76, still full funtional motorhome, the blue one a 75 with many changes and no longer a motorhome in the back.

Very nice trucks.

Nook

Nook, I want one of those so bad, I saw these 2 on another web site, you did an awesome job on the blue one!!! My fav btw!

Isn't this your truck http://toyotamotorhomes.com/nolan's_blew.htm

Thanks Nick, you too JH, glad you approve of my madness. Yeah thats my rig AKA Blew, in the link you posted, taken several years ago while building, have done numerous changes since those pics were taken, in my never ending quest to keep my wallet empty I can't quit tinkering on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles