Light offroad Casita

toyotatruckjunkie

Adventurer
Interesting window idea. Front visibility would be nice. Ventilation would be nicer.

I have thought about taking mine back to Casita to have them retro fit a power roof vent in the bath of ours. I've got an awesome set of tools, but I was thinking I might prefer them to cut the hole in the roof. All depends on cost obviously. I prefer to do most things myself. The factory is not that far from home for me.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I have thought about taking mine back to Casita to have them retro fit a power roof vent in the bath of ours. I've got an awesome set of tools, but I was thinking I might prefer them to cut the hole in the roof. All depends on cost obviously. I prefer to do most things myself. The factory is not that far from home for me.

Just a headsup on the powered roof vent, if you mean the one that is fully powered raising and lowering itself.

Save your money and just have the normal roof vent installed that you have to manually turn on and off. We opted, or I should say talked into buy the one that was automatic and had the rain sensor. Total waste of money.

First, we have the Airmaxx covers over all of them so we can leave them open while we drive and during rain storms, so the rain sensor is useless, and the thermostat thing is even more worthless.

The campers get too hot and cool off so fast, that if you set the thermostat, it just keeps opening up and closing ever few minutes which gets really annoying and wastes lots of precious battery power

If we could do it over again, I'd have all of them like the front one in this shot

486564915_bdEKt-L-1.jpg

The TurboMaxx puts the fan outside the hole in the roof allowing more light in and moving the noise the fan makes away from the opening. This one is above our bed which is why we wanted it that way, but we both love it because you can barely hear the fan running and you dont see the blades right in the opening like you do with the other two vents.

I have no affiliation with this company, just have used a bunch of their products and they're good to work with. One of our vents cracked from something hitting it, and I called customer service questioning if it was covered under warranty.

They upgraded me to one of the newer MaxxAir II's that has wider vent openings allowing in more air and comes standard with the hinges and all I had to do was pay for the shipping and handling to have it sent to me.

toyotatruckjunkie

Adventurer
Good info, but no I was thinking about a simple round ~6" vent that has a mushroom shaped cover over it, and the interior handle simply pushes up and pulls down manually. The power part referred to the model of said vent that has a small elec fan in it to be more forceful. Can't recall the brand name at the moment. I had a small camper van that had a nonpowered version of this. They are used quite a bit in Airstreams, and I think newer Casitas.

I want it for obvious reasons in the bathroom of my older Casita. In the main section of the camper the PO already installed a power Fantastic vent with thermostat and cover thing like your center one. Great product. I too leave it open all the time, driving, rain, whatever. Always allows hot air to escape. Never used the auto open/close mode if it has. Seems unnecc.

Not to hijack thread, but Cedar Key is a very cool place. Used to go somewhat often when I lived in Clearwater, FL area. Really miss the Gulf coast of FL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior