Beastia Negro . A Power Wagon Build

Snafu

Adventurer
I'm loving this...I've got the same size truck and motor but mine is a 1500...therefore I've saved some of your pics for, uh, inspirational purposes :wings:

I really want some sliders already...and I'm about to mount a huge whip and cb tomorrow maybe. In the future I wanna have the same exact Yeasu radio too.

That's a great truck though, I'm envious of your massive axles!!

sapper

Adventurer
And mooore..
Never mind the mess,
Bistein 7100's and Carli LT bags
Grand central station and not finished with that area , will get 3 more holes...

Still have a lot of work to do, the good news is the pieces parts are in my hands.
IE front control arms dif protection, full switch panel up front, back up lights sliders ,air tank blah blah....

I want to see more pictures of your canopy. I like the holder for all your spray cans. Did you make it or puchased that?

Kilroy

Adventurer
How do you thread the cable under the truck when your up to the axle in mud?
Not to be smart, but I've been there with my Jeep when I preferred to retreat instead of go forward, same difference, different direction.

I faced the same Dodge diesel winch delema...not enough room and already too much weight up front. I went with a Kennesaw Mountain rear winch bumper and I am in the process of installing a Warn M15000 commercial winch(only difference is it comes with 65' of 9/16" cable). This puts the 132#'s of the winch over the rear wheels where it helps traction and still can extract me if I screw up! Since I have the PW skid plates and a roller fairhead, I 'could' fish the cable under the truck, run it through the groove in the PW steering damper skid plate and fit a cable guide up front (off the right tow hook) to use the rear winch to pull forward. Building a front guide now, so I can pull from either end.

450 DUDE

Adventurer
I want to see more pictures of your canopy. I like the holder for all your spray cans. Did you make it or puchased that?

Sorry sooo late getting back to this....:oops:

The spray can rack is a purchased item from Summit racing in the trailer section.

ken

450 DUDE

Adventurer
Here are some follow up pics of the completed sliders. I have not beat them up yet but they came in handy a couple of times + they make great steps.

Attachments

• LEA_0182.jpg
    LEA_0182.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 109
  • LEA_0181.jpg
    LEA_0181.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 89
  • LEA_0183.jpg
    LEA_0183.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 104

450 DUDE

Adventurer
Are those lights you added? Very nice touch.

The lights on the sliders are part of a 8 LED package that I threw on (2 on every side) and actually work pretty good for ambient camp light . There is a control box that lets you strobe them or put them in a bunch of different patterns:ylsmoke:

ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior