Dual battery set up for less

landshark23

i have it mounted in the bed in the box from on the first page i will take some pic and post them latter to night i am still working on wiring in all the stuff into the auxiliary battery

ryguy

Adventurer
Where did you end up mounting the controller? BTW I got my kit today, looks great except the solenoid decal is missing.

landshark23

i have it mounted in the cab on the left hand side of the steering weal below the ignition. i will take a pic and post it will make more sense. at first i did not think i would like it but its in the perfect spot. i would email them and sea if they could send you the decal

Last edited:

landshark23

ok so i got my lazy *** off the couch and went outside and took a couple pics of the location

picture.php

picture.php

landshark23

o forgot here are some the pic of the second battery location.

picture.php

picture.php

so here is some good news about the trickle charger when i put it in I was not sure it would charge both batteries without me turning on the solenoid manually but the solenoids was able to pic up the charge and turn on automatically and it charges both batteries and then when they are full the charger goes into float mode and the solenoid turns off.

Last edited:

ryguy

Adventurer
Note to all who inquire. This kit SUCKS! Not only did the solenoid and display come without decals but said solenoid doesn't work, after all the time it took to install it. Even worse was the customer service. Hours of operation are monday-friday 10-2. When somebody finally did return my messages they made me send them a picture because they did not believe me. That was at noon today, the last I heard from anyone. Buyer beware, it may look like a luna but its chinese crap.

landshark23

sorry to here that your kit was no good. but as of now mine is still working flawlessly and have had no problems with it so far only time will tell if it was worth it but as of now have no regrets with buying it. if you would let us know if they exchange it or give you a refund would be great. is it the solenoid dead or is the hole unit doa or is just the solenoid. Did you remember to ground the solenoid would you post a couple pics

ryguy

Adventurer
Yes of course we grounded the solenoid(by we I mean myself and a toyota master tech of 17 years). The solenoid does not function at all, no indicator lights and the aux battery does not charge. A multimeter ruled out the 100amp fuse and the 50 amp breaker. So far customer support is a complete joke. If you are able to call in the small window they give you all you hear is music until the answering machine picks up. Lets see if I get a response to my last email where I cc'd the BBB. If I don't hear back I'll throw on my 2nd hand luna solenoid andcount it as a learning experience.

landshark23

fallow up

thought i would do a fallow up on this kit, sense this kit has not been tested. So far everything is working great, i have had no problems with it. I have been using the second and now third batteries heavily every day at school/camping everything is working out well. the third battery was added do to the fact that when i go camping i was falling a little short on power by the end of the trip. i put an isolator between the two batteries so that when i am camping i can have one for the fridge and one for the computer and other stuff that i run off it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94