RTT Advise

Antelope

Hi Folks,
Looking to put the Large Camping Lab Tent on top of my 2010 Subaru Forester. The plan is I'll pickup a trailer down the road and it will ride mostly on there but I like having the flexibility of being able to put it on the roof for trips when a trailer is not convenient. With that being said, I'm concerned the large may be big for the forester. When I measure it seems like it will just take up the whole roof but won't stick over the windshield and the tail gate can open so there should not be any problems, but figured I'd check in and see what you all thought before I pull the trigger.

Thanks,

Kevin

S

Street Wolf

Well, I personally wouldn't get the large one. I've had the large one on the roof of my Discovery once just for test fit purposes and it was huge.

Actually, here is said rooftop tent on and Xterra

drivesidego.jpg

compactcamping

Explorer
Kevin, there is another RTT to consider for smaller vehicles, it's an Oasis II. At 50 lbs they are half the weight of a standard size Mombasa/Camping Lab RTT and has a small profile for less wind resistances. Here is my '06 Outback Sport with one.

3195642902_1b9216617b_m.jpg
3195642928_0ba1211b6d_m.jpg

ozarkroozer

Observer
This is probably redundant but I have the Large Camp Lab on my Land cruiser 80
and it takes up the whole roof with only a few inches to spare. just for comparison. Ive also though of trying to put it on my Jetta sportwagen. i dont know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles