free online CAD program?

irish_11

Explorer
I dont know if I posted this in the right section, but...

Does anyone know of a free online CAD program? Im just looking for something simple that I could turn paper sketches into a design on. I'm builidng a canoe/basket rack for my Tacoma based on Simp801's design http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=597308&postcount=5

The problem is I'm up in Seattle and my friend who is helping me with it is down in the Portland area. I would like to send him some measurements and a design before heading down there in a month. If anyone knows of something I could use that would be greatly appreciated.

mustangwarrior

Adventurer
google sketch up is free and simple to use, if you got to autodesk you can get a 30 day trial, if you're a college student you can get a 380 day trial, but you would need to know how to use it first

alexfm

Explorer
google sketch up is free and simple to use, if you got to autodesk you can get a 30 day trial, if you're a college student you can get a 380 day trial, but you would need to know how to use it first

I was about to say the same thing. Thats how I got my copy. And you dont get some basic thing either, you get the 2010 Autodesk Inventor Professional edition for over a year, for free. :) You just need to be a student.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles