best way to level a 2010 dodge ram

not a whole lot of expo related tech here but i'm trying to help dad out. he just bought a 2010 dodge ram 1500. as with most trucks, it sets higher in the rear than the front. he wants to raise the front so it sets level. any good suggestions? it's a coilover/cv shaft set up similiar to my 08 tacoma, so i would assume that all the issues with spacers would apply to the rams as well. is there a better way? he does not want a full blown suspension, just raise the front a couple inches. thanks

:wings: my daughter wanted to add a smiley face.

leverett

Observer
look at rancho i think they have a leveling kit that just replaces the struts and uses the same coils i thimk its called quicklift or something like that if not i think bilstien makes a similar product

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Too bad he can't swing the Kore Prerunner kit. Mopar dealers will be offering kits as well and will get factory support. No more"well you know,it's the leveling kit"crap.

never even thought about belstein. i'll check into that. the rancho may also be a posibility but with the truck being so new there aint a whole lot of feed back. thanks

boellis87

Observer
"best way to level a 2010 dodge ram"

With a bulldozer...:victory:

JK, couldn't resist.

Man that's too funny, I was gonna reply and say a little trinitrotoluene might do the trick. Oh well, you beat me to the punch.

Of course, I would have been assuming that the above average folks here at ExPo would know what trinitrotoluene was. Too technical? I've always had a way of killing the funny...

Maybe just "a stick or four of dynamite" would have been better than the long hand version of TNT (for those of you who haven't figured it out yet).

theMec

Adventurer
If you level it and put a load in the back, you'll look like a boat going down the highway. Which is worse? I'd rather keep the front lower. It is a truck, after-all.

yes, it is a truck. but, it's not my truck. it's my dad's and he wants it to set level. very rarely will he be hauling big loads with this truck. i think he would rather have it look the way he wants 98% percent of the time as opposed to the way it does now.

I thought I read somewhere on a Dodge forum that the 2009+ trucks with the spacer lift had a tendency to have bad front end vibrations. Don't remember where I read it though.

http://revtek.com/dodgesusp.asp#762

Those kits are inexpensive and easy to install if you have a strut compressor. They are pretty good kits and they do the job, the only thing you have to consider is that with any spacer kit, the truck is going to ride a bit stiffer then stock. But the upside is you retain factory warranty and you get the ride height your looking for. If your worried about sag in the rear with a heavy load I would reccomend a set of air bags, if they are availabe yet for that model year.

I can also vouch for the airbags. I run a set in my 1/2-ton and they make all the difference in the world with weight in the back. They also act like a rear sway bar and help to control roll...I keep about 30# in them when empty in the back.

I have Daystar spacers up front. The ride did get a bit stiffer, but I can't tell you that the spacers were the cause...I also installed Ranchos at the same time and I believe they may have caused some of the jarring. Firm I like...jarring not so much. My '93 YJ used to pound my kidneys on the road. :sombrero:

that's why i wanted to avoid spacers. i've really nothing but bad about them in regard to the 05+ tacomas and this front end seems to be the basically the same set up. i am goin to check into teh rancho quick lift or somehtin like the bilstein 5100 adjustables. thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles