2007 Dodge CTD Build

Deltarat

Observer
Nice setup! How about some interior photos of the camper.

Steady with that drill!

-Chris

Here you go Chris. The camper started it's life as a 1996 FWC Grandby, but as mods and repairs have been made it's kind of morphed into an ATC Cougar..

These campers are built for hanging on the back of a 4X4 and taking a beating without falling apart. As such, they're quite spartan on the inside. The photos show some of the additions
that have been made. ATC recently replaced the soft-sides and made an arctic pack. They also added a furnace as it didn't have one when I bought it. Last weekend we added gas struts to
both ends of the camper top to make raising and lowering easier. Both ends can now be raised with one hand...should have done that one a long time ago!!

Photo 1: Scepter Fuel Can, and External Gas Struts (same struts on the front)
Photo 2: Pantry in place of Old Ice Box
Photo 3: Microwave installed in top of "closet"
Photo 4: Extra Storage Cabinet
Photo 5 Engel Freezer Next to the Galley

Attachments

• camper1.jpg
    camper1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 156
  • camper2.jpg
    camper2.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 135
  • camper3.jpg
    camper3.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 150
  • camper4.jpg
    camper4.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 132
  • camper5.jpg
    camper5.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Deltarat, I'm very impressed. That is one of the cleanest trucks Ive seen. Great work. Seems like you got everything almost dialed! Congrats on retirement, and have fun on the expedition!

Deltarat

Observer
Beautiful truck! Do you have any plans to add either a front or rear locker?

Thank You...As soon as I get back from Overland Expo I'll be adding an on-board air compressor and tank. Mainly for airing the tires quickly. I thinking of a front locker, I don't rock climb with the beast, and I really haven't had an occasion to need one "yet"....Might be good insurance though.

blakeape

Adventurer
Thank You...As soon as I get back from Overland Expo I'll be adding an on-board air compressor and tank. Mainly for airing the tires quickly. I thinking of a front locker, I don't rock climb with the beast, and I really haven't had an occasion to need one "yet"....Might be good insurance though.

I am dreaming of a rear ARB locker in my 97 Cummins. With the weight of the diesel up front I find myself always spinning out in the rear in 2wd. I have the limited slip, but it doesn't do much anymore at 197,000 miles.

Colby Jack

Traveler
I can dig it...

I am loving this build!!! I really wish I could have gotten the 5.9, but the $$$ and mileage on my 6.7L was too good to pass up in my neck of the woods. I've enjoyed your input over on WTW (why yes, I'm a professional lurker!), and am looking forward to more over here. I really like the location of the Engel and your additional cabinetry.

Congrats on the excellent truck/camper selection!

Colby Jack

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I am dreaming of a rear ARB locker in my 97 Cummins. With the weight of the diesel up front I find myself always spinning out in the rear in 2wd. I have the limited slip, but it doesn't do much anymore at 197,000 miles.
The ARB would be great. MY '98.5 with the Dana 70 would chirp the inside tire on a tight turn unladen. Pretty impressive but apparently it downgrades with the mileage.

Colby Jack

Traveler
Skids...

Hey Delta, did you get your power wagon skids from a pick and pull? Did you order them from stealership? Any pics of the steering stabilizer mods? Great truck!

Colby Jack

Deltarat

Observer
Hey Delta, did you get your power wagon skids from a pick and pull? Did you order them from stealership? Any pics of the steering stabilizer mods? Great truck!

Colby Jack

Just back from Overland Expo..what a great event. Met a great group of folks, and even managed to learn a few things at my advanced age..

I ordered all of the PW skids from the dealer. As for the steering stabilizer skid, I posted a complete "how-to" including part number and pictures here:

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ering-damper-skid-plate-t191948.html?t=191948

If you want to do the skid and have questions, PM me and I'll be glad to help.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

GTABurnout

Explorer
I am looking at getting a 5.9 soon (maybe tonight if its the right one) I have seen the gastank skid how to from the power wagon as well, have you done that addition yet?

Also I will be checking outn your build thread for ideas. nice rig...

Deltarat

Observer
Hi Bob,

It was great meeting and hanging out with you at EXPO!

Hey Jerry,

The pleasure was mine..Couldn't have asked for better neighbors.

Hope to see you guys out on the road, and for sure next year at Expo.

The D.E. decals are proudly displayed on the rig.

Bob

Outback

Explorer
What an excellent build! I love the factory Dodge Power Wagon skid plate transplant! I will be copying you there as well as the Air Snokel. I had one on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and loved it. The looks we sometime got on the highway was enough to make you laugh! People would pass you up then slow back down and look at that that......thing on the side of your rig. Then the look of what the hell is that. lol. But they really do keep your filter clean if your behind someone on a dusty road!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior