2007 Dodge CTD Build

Deltarat

Observer
Finally Got the air Compressor Installed

Bought an "Extreme Air" Magnum compressor several month's back while attending Overland Expo. I just got around to getting it installed. Compressor is mounted upside down under the truck bed, and the air tank is mounted on the passenger side on the outside of the frame. Doesn't hang below anything so should be safe where it is. Mounted the output connector through the rear bumper. Everything works great. Now that I have air, looks like a front locker
is in the future. Do the projects ever end??

Attachments

• compr.jpg
    compr.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 51
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 56
  • out.jpg
    out.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 52

06QuadRam

Observer
Very cool additions! That's pretty similiar with what I had on my 1500 back in the day. I had a love/hate relationship with my connector mounted on the bumper there. It always seemed to be in the way or in the perfect spot. Eventually, I got tired of stepping on it and just made a bracket that was on the inside of the bumper to hold the connector.

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Do the projects ever end??

Uh, NO!

Hey Bob, stumbled on your build thread (although the craftmanship is much more impressive in person). Thanks for the Gentlemen's Jack at OX10 and good luck on your retirement. I'll be looking forward to your upcoming posts as guidance for my upcoming retirement and epic trip. See you at OX11? Take care and safe travels.

Deltarat

Observer
Uh, NO!

Hey Bob, stumbled on your build thread (although the craftmanship is much more impressive in person). Thanks for the Gentlemen's Jack at OX10 and good luck on your retirement. I'll be looking forward to your upcoming posts as guidance for my upcoming retirement and epic trip. See you at OX11? Take care and safe travels.

THANKS!! I"m not sure about OX11..It's in April and I'm leaving for all points north about the 15th of May. Might want to save the bucks that OX11
would cost in fuel, etc and add it to the big journey. My biggest fear is I won't be able to get Gentleman Jack in Canukastan. :Wow1: Will try to post regular updates as trip progresses over on Wander The West.com.
Thanks for the good wishes..

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I am sure if you can't find your Gentleman Jack, there will be plenty of fantastic alternatives! And please, leave the "Canukistan" to that Toyota driver from "Cowtown". The rest of us call it Canada! :elkgrin:

cocco78

Adventurer
that air setup seems pretty vulnerable down there. It may not hang down but is there anything preventing trail obstacles from bouncing up and hitting it? Rocks, logs, water, mud...?

Deltarat

Observer
I am sure if you can't find your Gentleman Jack, there will be plenty of fantastic alternatives! And please, leave the "Canukistan" to that Toyota driver from "Cowtown". The rest of us call it Canada! :elkgrin:

It was two Canadian friends that introduced me to the term "Canukisatn"...sorry, Canada it is :bowdown::26_7_2:

As for "fantastic" alternatives, if you're talking about Canadian Whiskey, not even close....:(

Last edited:

Deltarat

Observer
that air setup seems pretty vulnerable down there. It may not hang down but is there anything preventing trail obstacles from bouncing up and hitting it? Rocks, logs, water, mud...?

Water, Mud won't hurt a thing..Rocks & Logs, well, the tank is hell for stout and it would take a pretty good impact to damage it, might knock an air line off, but that's easily repaired The compressor is mounted to the bed, above the rear differential, if anything gets to it, it has to go through the differential first. There really wasn't many alternatives as to where to mount the stuff. We'll just have to see how it holds up.

Memphislex

Observer
awesome build up.

ran around some trails this weekend with a buddy who has a i believe 06 2500 with nothing but a ranch hand bumper and lift with 35s...it seemed to laugh at water

74ad01b7.jpg

angusdevil

Adventurer
Water, Mud won't hurt a thing..Rocks & Logs, well, the tank is hell for stout and it would take a pretty good impact to damage it, might knock an air line off, but that's easily repaired The compressor is mounted to the bed, above the rear differential, if anything gets to it, it has to go through the differential first. There really wasn't many alternatives as to where to mount the stuff. We'll just have to see how it holds up.

No issues when cycling the suspension? I'd hate to see a compressor be your bumpstop!

Deltarat

Observer
Latest Addition

Finally got around adding solar to the camper. Added a 100 watt panel and a 15 amp MPPT charge controller. On a rare bright sunny day recently, I saw almost 6 amps from the controller. Seems to average about 4.8 ~5.0 amps in the winter sun. I'll be interested in how it does this summer with the sun high.

Next project: front locker...

Attachments

• solar1.jpg
    solar1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 32
  • solar3.jpg
    solar3.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 34

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member