Front Runner Feather Lite Roof Top Tent
So it seems Front Runner has a Roof Top Tent. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this tent? The weight of 84lbs and packed height of 7.85" is a great improvement over the current offerings in the market.
What would be nice to see is an overland journal review of this tent using the same criteria as previously used during the RTT shootout so that an informed choice could be made based on were this one ranks.
Tent Sail: Waterproof Heavy Duty Nylon
Base: Insulated Aluminium Base
Cover: 550 gm/m2 PVC
Mattress: 50 mm High Density foam standard
Ladder: Fully Adjustavble Aluminium ladder with “foot friendly” tread plate
Weight: Tent, mattress, ladder & cover - 38kg
Dimensions closed: 1300 mm Wide - (L) 1230 x (W) 1320 x (H) 200
Dimensions open: 1300 mm Wide - Inside: (L) 2440 x (W) 1300 x (H) 1220
Optional Extras: Shower Skirt
Modern light-weight, synthetic tent fabric, extremely strong, cannot rot, even when packed away wet.
- Enviro-friendly but colourful composition
- Permanent fly-sheet allowing ventilation
- Mosquito netting outside of windows and doors, so that windows and doors can be opened or closed without letting insects in
- Roof ventilator opening with mosquito netting
- Windows and doors close upwards, so that the size of the opening can be adjusted according to the conditions
- Inside pockets and light stick loops standard
- Light-weight and easy to handle – 38KG
- Wider inside space 1300 mm
- Low profile (200 mm) reduces air resistance while still on the road, and lowers vehicle total height, i.e. for driving into your garage
- Easy mounting and removal minimizes the risk of damage to your vehicle.
- Aluminum extrusion for shower skirt
- Optional Extra – Shower skirt.
Last edited by Beowulf; 04-08-2010 at 04:14 AM.
2006 AEV Unlimited Rubicon. Silver. 6-speed. 255/85R16. OME ZJ/LJ. Nth TT. Alloy Shafts. 4.56 gears.