Front Runner Feather Lite Roof Top Tent

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
So it seems Front Runner has a Roof Top Tent. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this tent? The weight of 84lbs and packed height of 7.85" is a great improvement over the current offerings in the market.

What would be nice to see is an overland journal review of this tent using the same criteria as previously used during the RTT shootout so that an informed choice could be made based on were this one ranks.

http://www.frontrunner.co.za/fr_products/rooftop.php

Specifications:
Tent Sail: Waterproof Heavy Duty Nylon
Base: Insulated Aluminium Base
Cover: 550 gm/m2 PVC
Mattress: 50 mm High Density foam standard
Ladder: Fully Adjustavble Aluminium ladder with “foot friendly” tread plate
Weight: Tent, mattress, ladder & cover - 38kg
Dimensions closed: 1300 mm Wide - (L) 1230 x (W) 1320 x (H) 200
Dimensions open: 1300 mm Wide - Inside: (L) 2440 x (W) 1300 x (H) 1220
Optional Extras: Shower Skirt

Features:
Modern light-weight, synthetic tent fabric, extremely strong, cannot rot, even when packed away wet.
- Enviro-friendly but colourful composition
- Permanent fly-sheet allowing ventilation
- Mosquito netting outside of windows and doors, so that windows and doors can be opened or closed without letting insects in
- Roof ventilator opening with mosquito netting
- Windows and doors close upwards, so that the size of the opening can be adjusted according to the conditions
- Inside pockets and light stick loops standard
- Light-weight and easy to handle – 38KG
- Wider inside space 1300 mm
- Low profile (200 mm) reduces air resistance while still on the road, and lowers vehicle total height, i.e. for driving into your garage
- Easy mounting and removal minimizes the risk of damage to your vehicle.
- Aluminum extrusion for shower skirt
- Optional Extra – Shower skirt.
featherlite02.jpg

Last edited:

compactcamping

Explorer
Their website shows EQUIPT EXPEDITION OUTFITTERS as their US dealer although I can't find anything about them on their website.

This is the same design as the MyWay RTTs that CampingLab has and the Echo4x4 RTTs (South African).

Poorboyota26

Adventurer
I did some looking and Equipt does have the EzAwn tents but $$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!! I like the $800 price tag of the competitors. If I'm going to spend $1800 on a tent it better have a built in shower, kitchen, and a mute button for the wife when she finds out how much I paid for a "tent". I'm as cheap as they come though so...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles