AEV- Nth Degree Suspension Correction Components

Scott Brady

Founder
drop_brkts_1055851.png

New Geometery Correction Front Control Arm Brackets for JK - Want to Increase Ride Quality, Improve Braking and Eliminate Cam Bolts?
IMG_3428c052120.jpg

AEV is proud to offer the single biggest improvement to our JK Suspension since it was released. These new Front Control Arm Brackets are a win-win in terms of performance.

These new brackets will:
• Improve front impact ride quality (expansion joints, ledges)
• Increase Anti-Dive for improved braking performance
• Decrease the operating angle range of the front driveshaft
• Eliminate the need for adjustable control arms or cam bolts for caster correction

Improve front impact ride quality (expansion joints, ledges) – By reducing the operating angle of the front control arms, the suspension is allowed to work in a more natural state. This means that when hitting a bump, the force applied to the control arms is directed up into the springs instead of back directly into the frame. In effect an AEV 3.5” lifted JK “thinks” its lifted only 1.25”.

Change the instant center to increase Anti-Dive for improved braking performance – By increasing the anti-dive geometry of the suspension, you’ll notice the front of the vehicle will barely drop under hard braking when the control arm brackets are used. By increasing force on the front wheels, traction is increased for better straight line braking and by reducing the shifting weight and inertia under braking in curves, handling is greatly improved.

Decrease the operating angle range of the front driveshaft – This one is often overlooked. Aftermarket double cardan joints do not have the torque rating (1850lb/ft for t a 1310 double cardan, 2150 lb/ft for the OE CV Joint) and they can’t run as smoothly so its advantageous for most JK use to keep the stock CV units. The Front Control Arm Brackets rotate the pinion up as the axle drops to eliminate torn boots on the CV for long life with a lifted application.

Eliminate the need for adjustable control arms or cam bolts for caster correction - We’ve been touting the benefits of using the stock control arms for a long time because of the pre-loaded rubber OE Bushings that the factory uses, and because that quality has yet to be rivaled in any aftermarket bushing. These new brackets allow for the proper caster ranges to be achieved.

The new Geometery Correction Front Control Arm Brackets are now standard in all AEV JK Nth Degree Suspensions and are available as PN Nth20410AA to upgrade all older AEV Suspensions. They can also be used on other manufacturer’s kits, however the springs must fall into an acceptable height range for the correct caster to be achieved. Please contact the AEV Tech Dept for more details.

Also, after a long supply related backorder, we are now getting 3.5" 4dr JK Suspension in stock. Backorders are shipping out now and we hope to be caught up and shipping new orders next week.

Part Number: Nth20410AA

Pricing: $99.00

Note that the pricing has also changed on AEV's Suspension Kits to include the Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Brackets:

3.5" Standard Kits (4dr and 2dr): $1,274.00
3.5" Premium Kits (4dr and 2dr, LHD and RHD): $1,674.00
4.5" Premium Kits (LHD and RHD): $1,749.00

Application: Fits ALL AEV Nth Degree JK Lifts (May work with other JK suspensions depending on actual measured height, please contact AEV)

2007 - Current
3.5" and 4.5"
2 Door and 4 Door
LHD, RHD
3.8L, 2.8L, 5.7L, 6.1L

Skyd Ram

I just left the Michigan facility after picking up a set of black Savegre's. I wish I would have known about this a few hours earlier as I would have picked up a set of these.:(

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Improve front impact ride quality (expansion joints, ledges) – By reducing the operating angle of the front control arms, the suspension is allowed to work in a more natural state. This means that when hitting a bump, the force applied to the control arms is directed up into the springs instead of back directly into the frame. In effect an AEV 3.5” lifted JK “thinks” its lifted only 1.25”.

Interesting. Remember when I've mentioned "kinematic recession"? That's what I'm talking about.

ExpoMike

Nice addition but aren't these basically dropped control arm brackets? They have been doing that for years on XJ/TJ's to make the suspesion "think" it's a lower lift than it really is. Nothing new but glad they addressed it on the JK. :)

Momrocks

Adventurer
Nice addition but aren't these basically dropped control arm brackets? They have been doing that for years on XJ/TJ's to make the suspesion "think" it's a lower lift than it really is. Nothing new but glad they addressed it on the JK. :)

Just substitute the word "dropped" with "Geometery Correction". No new concepts just a way cooler descripter.

`

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I like seeing things like that on the full size pickups. You know, a 6" lift on a Chev with a 6" drop on the front arms, so actual ground clearance remains unchanged...

zimm

Expedition Leader
I like seeing things like that on the full size pickups. You know, a 6" lift on a Chev with a 6" drop on the front arms, so actual ground clearance remains unchanged...

approach departure break over improves.

a 6" lift generally means a corresponding increase in tire and clearance,

likely increase in articulation.

better view of skirt locations in convertible mustangs.

the only way you get nothing is if your obstacle is a rock, crown or stump, and you leave on the original tires and use 6" spring spacers... but who does that?

skaggs9573

Observer
I'll be putting a set of these on this week. I have a 4in lift on now, hopefully when I install these brackets and my front and rear adjustable track bars, it will drive alot more smoothly than before.

zimm

Expedition Leader
I'll be putting a set of these on this week. I have a 4in lift on now, hopefully when I install these brackets and my front and rear adjustable track bars, it will drive alot more smoothly than before.

results?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles