my slow offroad build

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
I bought mine as off cuts and paid by the lb.......

the weight saving was worth it to me, the rivits too will get your hand strength up !, invest in a quality rivit gun....

and remember to glue - seal between the skin and the steel to lessen galvanic re-action.

I just used gripfill industiral construction glue (no more nails) is similar

now its been baked on in the middle east sun, I'm guessing it will require a rather large hammer and chisel to break the join

rdsk8ter

Observer
I was thinking use 100% silicone will this not work? I have had good luck with the "glue" properties of it. My father has a swwet rivot gun he is going to lend me mine works good...... but his is bas@#$.

rdsk8ter

Observer
added some springs to the trailer to handle the added weight 4 new leafs added in from my old jeep springs and she sits up where she should now..... trailer is perfect height with the jeep new........hope you all like
trailerhookedupfar.jpg

trailerhookedupclose.jpg

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
coming out really cool..like that drop down kitchen with hot water right there!

Keep up the good work!

Pat

rdsk8ter

Observer
Rear light supports are done, plate support done, light post/ hanger done with quick release done, hope you all enjoy
fender/ light supports

trailerfenderlightsupport2.jpg

trailerfenderlightsupport1.jpg

Lightpost hanger with a quick connect to be able to remove it and keep it safe from trail damage

trailerlightpostconnector.jpg

trailerlightpostconnector2.jpg

trailerlightpost.jpg

StaceyE

Observer
started the rear bumper today with fender tie ins. still got more to do but heres a start

trailerbumperstart.jpg

rearbumperfendertiein.jpg

Ran out of my mind with finding angle had to work something square so I started on other things. I decided to finally attach the water heater and propane brackets. hope you all like.

propanemount.jpg

propane-heatermount.jpg

waterheatermount.jpg

Can you please tll me more about the on demand shower you are using? I purchased a Zodi heater but after looking at yours I am thinking this could be a better way to go.

rdsk8ter

Observer
honestly I dont know much about it if you google it it comes back with some good reviews but i bought it from a guy that sold it beacuse he hadnt used it in like a year. He fired it for me and i gave hime 50 bucks came with 1 propane quick connect, 2 water quick connects and a full propane tank figured even if it died im not out that much

rdsk8ter

Observer
trailer turned sharp past a 90 right now with no hit sorry i didnt take the tarp off yet
trailerflturned.jpg

here it is up on a "jackstand" sorry I was raised calling them jack stands I couldnt resist. even with empty water tank, no batteries and no lower weight I couldnt tip it over with just brute force should be good as far as tipping

trailerflex.jpg

RTO_Tracker9

Observer
Nice build!

The trailer looks great!! You definitely put a lot of planning and hard work into it and it shows. I can't wait to see the finished product! Keep up the good work! I just subscribed to this thread!

RTO_Tracker9

rdsk8ter

Observer
not updates as of yet moneys a little tight and well sheet aluminum is not cheap, and well I am lol I will have updates soon the tounge is like 2 and 1/2foot give or take ill measure it tomorrow when its not dark

rdsk8ter

Observer
got my jacks its been a while but im back on task. Front and rear trailer jacks installed kitchen main supports are in. I have decided to change up the tailgate a little to accomidate a spare tire so I gotta re frame that.I also chose to loose 10" of the rear pull out to make a built in kitchen. I will still have use of the drawer under the kitchen for short stuff (there will be approx 2" in height so first aid kits, poles, extra straps etc not really sure what yet but itll get used). What kind of wood would be my best bet for somewhat nice finish and still durable and not hurt terribly from a little moisture(with the right finish could I just do a pine sheet or a plywood? I dont really like marine grade its just ugly). Sorry about the crappy pics
rearjacks.jpg

frontjacks.png

kitchenstarted.jpg

rdsk8ter

Observer
how long can one roughly expect a pair of 975 cca batteries to hold up to a fridge and led cook lighting? I dont have a fridge bought but the batteries are free so will they work

rdsk8ter

Observer
picked up better latches for the tailgate, battery box and kitchen today also got some nifty little snap latches 8 of the large latches, 6 of the snap latches and 12 of the weld in strikers for 20 bucks score! I love the surplus yard.... and the tolerate me lmfao

larger latches and strikers
kitchenandtailgatelatches.jpg

snap latches
sliderkatch.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz