my slow offroad build

rdsk8ter

Observer
slider latch installed and it holds like a charm I can pull the trailer around with the rear slider and it doesnt move.
sliderlatchinstalled.png

rdsk8ter

Observer
Ive had a bit more time to work on the trailer
led "bar light" pulls out over kitchen area for night cooking

ledlightout.jpg

closed in

ledlightin.jpg

front step and front door done.

frontstep2.jpg

frontstep.jpg

top frame done
topframe.jpg

tailgate frame done needs latches also decided to mount the tire on the drivers side to help counter the kitchen weight

tailgateframe.jpg

also for cargo retaining bars work amazing for anti shake bars and are super easy to use

rdsk8ter

Observer
latches in strikers are next

doorlatchandhandle.jpg

Spare tire mounted on the drivers fender cant be removed without opening the cargo area
double sleeve to stop water transfer as much as possible

tirerodseal.jpg

tirerodplate.jpg

tirerodcomplete.jpg

rdsk8ter

Observer
Well its a slow go but heres one free sat worth of work
new wiring with 7 pin connector.... Free thanks to a buddy that works on big rigs
coilwire.jpg

cooler access door
coolerdoor.jpg

I was worried the jack may get beat up if I didn't move it off the trailer when off road so I decided this was a good place for it
jackwheeltravelspot.jpg

finally secured the rear cargo tie downs
pullouttiedowns.jpg

I got myself a Coleman expedition fold up kitchen but it wouldn't fit easy so I figured a way out. the top shelve has 6 3/4" height and the back is 18 1/2 so there should be plenty of storage. I will also have a top shelve that I can put longer items on that are less then 4" thick
trailerpulloutshelf.jpg

Finally I figured a way to attache the diagonal supports to the feet while giving myself a bigger "footprint"
trailerfootsupportbase.jpg

No matter how much I do it seems like this project is never going to be finished.

rdsk8ter

Observer
it is actually light, it just looks heavier then it is. I can push it around with one hand no problem the jeep yea not so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94