my slow offroad build

rdsk8ter

Observer
just found this forum ..... that being said i love it
heres my buld
started my offroad trailer heres some but I havent had much time but its a start...

kitchenfoldedin.jpg

Side kitchen folded down

topsidekitchenclosed.jpg

Sliding out

topsidekitchenclosing.jpg

rdsk8ter

Observer
well I got some more done on the trailer... not much but the awning goes up and down now lol. I had to redo the sink... Im a little retarded and blocked the sink slider nothing a sawsall couldnt fix lol

awningslidersmounted.jpg

awningslidersmountedup.jpg

awningslidersmountedup2.jpg

rdsk8ter

Observer
now for my pride of this build....

got some more done on the 3 axis tounge it will allow the trailer to move up and down side to side like a normal trailer but will also allow the trailer to roll over without dragging the jeep with it

Hitch top view normal stance

hitchnormal.jpg

hitch top view turned 90 degrees also before i tightened the nut there is a gap on the front but not what you see here

hitchturned.jpg

The tube you see is actually DOM tube I had left from my cage build the main piviot is a 1 1/4" grade 8 bolt it piviots in a peice of DOM with about a paper width from the bolt to the DOM. Then the DOM was pressed into a chunk of 2" x2" 1/4" wall sq tube should be plenty strong to handle abuse. The toung is but welded together and then a 1/8" plate welded between the two NO way this sucker is coming apart!!!

here is some more... the front 1/2 of the like now I just need to make the hitch on for the 2" receiver.

This is how it will bolt together using a 3/4 grade 8 bolt. This link is basically like a shackle 3/8th inch sides and the main plate is 1" steel plate with a greasable bushing in it to allow a pin to be dropped in the hitch and a pivot point for side to side movement.

hitchmore1.jpg

hitchmore2.jpg

rdsk8ter

Observer
got some stuff done today
dryer rack for spoons forks and knifes to small for larger items but i will make them their ouw hooks to dry on

IMG00300.jpg

Thinking I need to build a divider for the cooking and storage area. Any suggestions Im thinking some thinner wood maybe make some small drawers for spoons, forks, knifes things like that what have others done here? I dont have much depth but i do have 4" deep and have about 24" wide area that i could build them in. The area I have to work in is on the left in this picture. I am very open to suggestions

IMG00299.jpg

rear pullout tray with mounted tracks 300lbs duty rating per side should do nicely

rearslide.jpg

rearslideout.jpg

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
pointers !

mount the cooker to the right of the fold down so the prep area is by the sink, ie washing veg -prep-pot your wife will appreciate it !

I like the slide out - very neat

rear tailgate, I made mine a fold down but will be re-doing it side opening soon,
as the added disatnce makes loading a pain, I see yours has a slide out which will help though.

second reason I've since modded mine to take a trail bike on the front yoke and so will be mounting a spare to the rear tailgate to balance some of the weight

see here for a similar design ...on going project.....seemingly no one liked my bar !

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12092&highlight=consolidated

oh and the bad photo's - looks like condensation ..........taking the nice ac cooled camera out into the humid sun

Last edited:

rdsk8ter

Observer
I really appreciate the suggestions.
The rear tailgate is actually completely covered by the pullout so it folding downs not an issue plus Im thinking itll make a good lounge for the mi trip snacks lol.
Im going to try to find a way to make a fold out try next to the sink the wife side it would be a good suggestion.
Looked at your build I love the cubbies and dish holder what size wood did you use one that?

Last edited:

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
should have read LHS of the shelf for the stove...duh

I used 6mm ply with 1 1/4" wire nails and glue

with so much interconnection it becomes stiff enough for a construction method

rdsk8ter

Observer
started the rear bumper today with fender tie ins. still got more to do but heres a start

trailerbumperstart.jpg

rearbumperfendertiein.jpg

Ran out of my mind with finding angle had to work something square so I started on other things. I decided to finally attach the water heater and propane brackets. hope you all like.

propanemount.jpg

propane-heatermount.jpg

waterheatermount.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke